Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
True lol although I just don’t see him ever coming back here after the fall out with Moshiri over his move to Utd. Plus we are way below his expectations of a move I’d imagine.
Hopefully he has little options and Chelsea agree to a loan to us. He's the typ of player that turns us into a top 8 team again. Maybe that appeals to him, being the star player. He wont get that anywhere else.

Feels a bit of a depressing time doesn’t it (even more so than usual). The club seems on a downward trajectory with not much positivity about.

Reminds me of Moyes first summer after he came in and kept us up. Was looking who the cheap but inspirational signings were that summer that turned us around but they were actually dismal! Yobo was good but Richard Wright, Li Tie, Rodrigo, Ibrahim Said.. I think Dyche needs a better hit rate as there is no Wayne Rooney coming through!

No hard feelings to the fella. If someone offered me 10x my salary to do my job in a less competitive environment I'd bite their hand off. I think it's weird that people get grumpy when footballers treat their jobs like, well, jobs!
Yeah I totally agree!

Especially if your career hasn't necessarily turned out the way you were hoping it would 8-9 years ago!

Thought there may have been a secret fanclub knocking about.

Makes sense if theyre throwing him in the deal for pennies but surely we could do better...

He’s had two decent seasons now and is the most likely contender to take over from Pickford at England eventually.

Also I have zero faith in our scouting team to find a gk

No hard feelings to the fella. If someone offered me 10x my salary to do my job in a less competitive environment I'd bite their hand off. I think it's weird that people get grumpy when footballers treat their jobs like, well, jobs!

Think the difference is that normal people have to consider money and sacrifice time with families etc because of their financial position and to provide …

These footballers are all financially free no matter who they choose

J

Yeah. Dembele might be “free” but agents aren’t mugs and his wages and fees will be extortionate. Suspect even with a fee of 17m over a 3 or 4 year contract there isn’t much overall cost difference between Dembele and Gyokeres in which case Gyokeres looks the better more reliable bet.
Fact of the matter is, even with our inevitably low budget, we need 2 forwards really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back