Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me that thinks he's absolutely crap?
To me he's like Ben Godfrey, perennially played out of position. If either was allowed to develop into one position then they'd come good. When Ben Johnson emerged he looked like a great talent, I think we can bring that back with a bit of consistency

New left back can realistically be Ben Johnson from West ham. I'd argue Faivre from Lyon is more achievable than Gnonto but id take either. I'd like to see us bring in another CB and CDM to fix the strength of that bench
Incremental changes. If our lower level starters become bench players then we’re moving the right direction.

6...Joel Robles :p

Of all them id take Gnonto for a fair price as he seems to have high upside + looks exciting.
Gnonto definitely has the highest ceiling but with a target man up top (DCL or the fabled new striker) Harrison can be the engine and creativity we sorely lack from the wing. McNeil is getting there but our squad depth on the wings is non existent

New left back can realistically be Ben Johnson from West ham. I'd argue Faivre from Lyon is more achievable than Gnonto but id take either. I'd like to see us bring in another CB and CDM to fix the strength of that bench
If you are looking for a cheap CB and or CDM for strength in depth you could do a lot worse than Callum Chambers. still only 28 and Emery is not a fan, he sent him out on loan at Arsenal and doesn't play him at Villa. But when he has played for Villa he has done well and is a clever player. He was out on loan at Fulham (from Arsenal) and he won their Player of the Season playing as CDM. He is not world class but he has lots of PL experience, got a few caps for England, and is a very competent backup or starter for a PL side. Villa signed him for free and he is out of favour so he would probably be ridiculously cheap for a PL CB that has experience.

If you are looking for a cheap CB and or CDM for strength in depth you could do a lot worse than Callum Chambers. still only 28 and Emery is not a fan, he sent him out on loan at Arsenal and doesn't play him at Villa. But when he has played for Villa he has done well and is a clever player. He was out on loan at Fulham (from Arsenal) and he won their Player of the Season playing as CDM. He is not world class but he has lots of PL experience, got a few caps for England, and is a very competent backup or starter for a PL side. Villa signed him for free and he is out of favour so he would probably be ridiculously cheap for a PL CB that has experience.

Thanks mate, I've passed the message onto Kev Thelwell and he said he'll take a look.

Anyone else you think he should know about, let me know and I'll text him for ya.

We'll be alright thanks.

You can't say 'still only 28' on here, mate. That's one foot in the grave

and there was me thinking I was on a football forum, I didn't realise I was on a site with people on Thelwell's recruitment team

I'm assistant to the assistant scout who works underneath the regional scout overseen by the head scout who works under Thelwell. So, usually any text I send to him which recommends a player, he tends to receive it around an hour after the transfer window closes.

We're linked with every player going

As to whether they'll sign.....

Kenwright to said player....are you desperate to play......we are desperate to sign you....are you any good....no need to be so.... bums on seats.....cheers I was close to signing for marine fc....no need your our type of player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back