Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go, yes, I disagree completely on that. I think you run into two problems with that. First, the only loans available early on are poor players that few clubs want and their current club knows it. Second, it hamstrings you for building out your squad, as once you invest resources and one of your allowed loans in a position, if a great player on a permanent becomes available you are less likely to do it. Instead, you are better set trying to build out your squad, and then when it becomes apparent you wont find the right player at a certain position you find a player to take on loan.

Fair enough. I disagree with all of that. Let’s take someone like Amad Diallo for example. Everyone knows he’s available for loan, he will be going out on loan whether it’s tomorrow or at the end of the window. If he’s still available for a loan in the last week of the window we’ll probably be one of many clubs interested in him, as when that time comes we’ll be woefully short on numbers and already into the season. Except if we don’t beat off the competition for him and he goes elsewhere, at that time we have absolutely no alternative but to scramble around desperately and likely make a panic signing as it’ll be the last week of the window. It’s not what proper clubs do.

He’s just one example but there are absolutely loads of players that the footballing world already knows will be available for loan. You’ll tell me that we don’t “know” they are because no one has explicitly said in public that they are, but applying a little bit of common sense leads you to the conclusion that they will be going out on loan.

Last edited:
Interesting, apparently Simms was seen in Swansea towards the end of last week. Saw it on Swansea independent on Twitter. I don’t know how to insert a link!
Looking at it, the reports seem to suggest he has one year left and is available for circa £12m. You'd have to imagine that the down-payment on that would be manageable even for us after a bit of negotiation. If we involve Simms for the kind of money we're looking for then it would be low outgoings for a striker we are clearly interested in.

Better off going with gnonto better ball dribbling, faster and only 19. Harrison is 26 and we will lose money on him. These type of signings we never learn from. We only lose and increase the debt
Why not both then we have actually depth? FYI though even young, Gnonto only had 6 g/a last season

Id take Gnonto, Piroe and another youngster preferably a LB. Myko slows our attack everytime unless McNeil will play that role.

Gnonto and Piroe will be instant money. The resale will allow us to build even more
I'd be absolutely stunned if there was money in the budget for new fullbacks. It's going to be Mykolenko and Patterson. This is why you have a DOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back