Rodrigo for 3m
Piroe for Simms + fee
Toure for 34m in instalments

Rodrigo and Piroe competing for the role of second striker
Toure taking over the spot of DCL because he cannot stay healthy

McNeil LM
Iwobi RM
Selling Gray to buy likes of Gnonto and Summerville/Harrison as depth wingers

Onana will probably have to go to fund this. Then we will also need to bring in Onana's replacement as well as a left-back to compete with Mykolenko. A better CB or an extra CM would be a decent surprise, but we may be ok with Branthwaite and Warrington.

This would be quite a decent upgrade over what we had last year
I’m not sure Piroe offers anything more than Rodrigo and Toure would offer between them, all three would be overkill. Better to can Piroe and use the money saved for a pacy winger or a left back.

If we had the money this summer as several January offers indicated (Sarr/Gallagher) and that is being used for El Bilal Toure.

Then Nkounkou + Stones clause = £4.2mil.

I would guess Gray+Simms are both off to add to the pot...as well as more fringe players or donleys.

If so then perhaps £21.5mil for Dia would be doable?

Also the Brennan Johnson links werent too long ago....I wonder if Toure could be being earmarked for the right wing role after we were priced out for Johnson.

I get it...as I posted earlier, if we splashed out on Balogun (who i like) hes only delievered in France for the same Reims side of course...but that could appear to be a bigger risk.

This is also something why im thinking Toure could be interesting for right wing and were still going to bring in a new central player. Because, surely Balogun seems to be the more 'logical' option.

But Thelwell must have been tracking toure 2 years already so (as with Onana) must see high potential.
Could be right just imo i think if it is toure it would be him as the backup cf. just cant see us making two big buys at cf, also been links to ndoye is it who can play out wide and a a forward.

We will never sign all three, and I'd bite your hand off for two... but, IF we were to bring in 2 strikers, and give Dom a chance to get his body/head back in shape properly, I can see us building him up to either punt him next summer, or sell on one of Piroe/Bilal if they come good and bring Dom back in as our no9.
3 strikers would be fine.

It's about time we started acting like a proper top flight club and had more than one player for each position.

The most heavily linked players seem to be Rodrigo, Piroe and El Bilal. Those three would actually make sense as they can play in multiple spots and Rodrigo eases the burden of settling in a bit for the younger guys. Could see all three coming.
El Bilals leg is hanging off so he's perfect for us.

Could be right just imo i think if it is toure it would be him as the backup cf. just cant see us making two big buys at cf, also been links to ndoye is it who can play out wide and a a forward.

Heres him vs Barca holding it up with a layoff and then running direct towards goal...

...but alot of his play on the counter also comes from wide positions.

I could see him as a right winger playing off a target man and picking up knockdowns/layoffs himself at pace.

On the 4 name list i posted my thinking was pure pace, age and potential. If we signed Dia i think he can play on the right...but if we signed another off the list e.g Balogun/Wahi/David then they can easily rotate.

If we got 1 of those 4 + Toure AND Ndiaye i think that would be a phenomenal window.

Never heard of this El-Bilal fella but the fact that he can play on the RW gives me hope for some good lineup options, especially if we sign Rodrigo and Harrison.

Pick
Patt/Col, Tark/Hol, Bran/Kean, Myko/Godf
Garner/Gueye, Onana/Gomes
Bilal/Gray, Iwobi/Doucs, McNeil/Harri
DCL/Cannon, Rodrigo/Maupay

When you put it like that we desperately need a CB and FB, and will need to replace Maupay and Gray as and when the leave

As with Moise Kean, it's a big outlay but I don't think we lose that much money if hes not what we hoped for and sell him on.

This is the type of transfer we should be making, like Onana last year.
No, what we SHOULD be doing is signing them 12 months earlier, when both Onana and Toure were sold for less than €10m

This is as grim as ive seen it as it stands. Even going back to the mitch ward carl tiler era. At least back then other clubs didnt really have funds to improve around you. Christ even Bournemouth look like they will have a go.

Some rabbits out of hats are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back