Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly true the club is run by utter imbiciles the sooner they get out the better never been so despairing at what's happened to our club.
Your factual statement is depressing enough but it even more grim as they are so oblivious and moronic they never seem cognizant of the dire state we're in and we just repeat the same blunders recruitment wise and elsewhere

Maybe but it wasn't so long ago that the same conversations were being had about Thierry Small. I don't think too many people are disappointed by that now. At least we made some money here.
Small just got what was coming to him. he got to big for his own boots and jumped out the club without any respect towards us.

Its not just the selling of our youth, it's the fact we are so badly run that no Manager leading us, has the balls to give any of them a chance.
If you're growing up here through the youth system seeing this year after year, sooner or later it will be on you're mind that there is no future here for you..

Look at Price just leaving without any proper chance, And what do you think 'Danny Mills' thinks of his nipper sticking around unless he gets a proper chance this coming season or a good loan..

Few years time, they will be selling him for 10x that.. Bloody makes you sick this club 🤮
Or he will fail to make the step up and end up moving to league 2 on a free, which, statistically is actually the more probable scenario

Don't get upset over things that haven't happened, there is more than enough that actually has happened to get worked up about

Or he will fail to make the step up and end up moving to league 2 on a free, which, statistically is actually the more probable scenario

Don't get upset over things that haven't happened, there is more than enough that actually has happened to get worked up about
But it has happened and it is happening, whether he makes it or not. we are that lost as a club that we can't take these chances ourselves, on players we have brought through ourselves. our youth system Is just a conveyor belt to a cliff edge...

Look at Brentford, they ended up just getting rid of there youth system.

Now I don't want that to Happen, I just want to see Bloody Progression where these players see a future and want to make it with us..

But it has happened and it is happening, whether he makes it or not. we are that lost as a club that we can't take these chances ourselves, on players we have brought through ourselves. our youth system Is just a conveyor belt to a cliff edge...

Look at Brentford, they ended up just getting rid of there youth system.

Now I don't want that to Happen, I just want to see Bloody Progression where these players see a future and want to make it with us..
Or we thought he wasn't going to make it and managed to mug off a club with more money than sense?

Or we thought he wasn't going to make it and managed to mug off a club with more money than sense?
Although all the top clubs were after him and Chelsea just pounced first. I do like you're thinking, ( if I could believe it ) It would mean we actually made a good play there....

Although all the top clubs were after him and Chelsea just pounced first. I do like you're thinking, ( if I could believe it ) It would mean we actually made a good play there....
Hindsight will be 20/20 and maybe it will end up a bad call but looking at the big picture we haven’t done this enough. Too often we give away these guys after their contract runs down. At least here we made an actual amount that can go towards reinvestment. It is what it is

I think the most dispiriting aspect of being an upcoming academy player is knowing that regardless of whatever potential you display that's certain horrendous senior players you'll never displace due the status quo, like if I was a u-21 player and saw Keane playing regularly I would know for certain, unquestionably that a meritocracy is not in place at the club

What a dreadful mess this clubs in, and the arsonists who’ve torched this club to the ground are still holding the matches, for the love of god this has to change , when they go all those who enabled this administration for there own ends can go too

What's crazy is we sold Kean and Gordon, took Mina wages off the bill and were still desperate for money just to fund a loan or a 5 million buy.

Like living in the twilight zone with this club

Fuming about selling a random kid you’ve never heard of is peak GOT transfer thread. He wasn’t signing a deal here, it’s great money.

The kid was on £180 pw and looks like he didn't want to sign another contract.

Chelsea come in and offer him £2k pw and offer us £4 mil then that is absolutely the right thing to do.

Could have walked away next year for nothing.

He'll be on decent money now...£10k+ a week.

If we wanted to keep him we'd be offering those levels of wages or more.

He was out of contract and to receive £4mil is good work from Thelwell.

Very disappointing but its good money for someone who wanted to leave.

ISS £4mil
Nkounkou £1.7mil
Stones clause £2.5mil
Price £400k

= £8.6mil

He'll be on decent money now...£10k+ a week.

If we wanted to keep him we'd be offering those levels of wages or more.

He was out of contract and to receive £4mil is good work from Thelwell.

Very disappointing but its good money for someone who wanted to leave.

ISS £4mil
Nkounkou £1.7mil
Stones clause £2.5mil
Price £400k

= £8.6mil
MEGA DOUGH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back