Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd time will be the charm this season and we will go down. Bought no one and lost players. We have the worst squad in the league.
As concerning as things are, this isn't remotely true. If hypothetically they shut the window today and made everyone play with the squads they have I'd still be pretty confident we could finish above the current squads of at least three of Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Bournemouth and Wolves.

As concerning as things are, this isn't remotely true. If hypothetically they shut the window today and made everyone play with the squads they have I'd still be pretty confident we could finish above the current squads of at least three of Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Bournemouth and Wolves.

Thanks, that’s made me feel a whole lot better.

Whilst I admire your optimism, Bournemouth and Wolves were far better than us last season

Whilst I admire your optimism, Bournemouth and Wolves were far better than us last season
Bournemouth were not far better than us. They were a bit better than us. Wolves have lost a bunch of players and not yet replaced them, obviously they will sign players (as will we) but in terms of current squad they are worse than us.

I think there will be a number of clubs all fighting relegation next May. I am hoping we won't be one of them.

It is likely all three promoted clubs will be in that mix and I think Forest and Bournemoth won't far from it either.

My surprise tip to struggle next season is Fulham.

Bournemouth were not far better than us. They were a bit better than us. Wolves have lost a bunch of players and not yet replaced them, obviously they will sign players (as will we) but in terms of current squad they are worse than us.
Think first 11 is the right word to use, the squad is poor for me some injuries in key areas and well we are done.

Completely agree
Bournemouth have taken a huge gamble replacing the manager who unexpectedly kept them up with a guy who has never managed in this Country.
He may be great and do well but it's another imponderable at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back