Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
38 years old lb. 40 years old goalie who played his last game in 2017. What is the point?

This is hilarious.

Off another forum,tenuous link, we've offered a contract to Alfredo Morelos, Colombian press,
Physical forward, bags of experience, quite slow so he will fit in. Excellent cover for DCL, what do you reckon Dave ?
Surely not. Simms is better than this lump,of lard

Stop fannying around Kev and Bring A Blue Home ..........

Screenshot_2023-07-08-20-28-50-232_com.android.chrome-edit.webp

The strategy for this summer seems to just be survival. Who can give us just enough to make it to 17th, get the move to BMD and then try and sell. I don’t see any other logic for what is looking like another depressing transfer window and poor poor year to come.
It’s not often you’re thankful,of being old….. or older. I’m 46, started supporting in ‘83. Thought the success would never end.

we haven’t won an away derby with fans since I was in my early 20s….

cheers Bill

We absolutely need to get this window right....

What if we get a transfer ban as of October from the corrupt PL? No signings can be made in January so this current team will need to see us to next summer...

If that happens almost certain we will be going down bottom of the league.
Was about the stadium wasnt it so more likely a fine, but agree is a massive window we have to get right

Yes…it’s called an owner not prepared to fund any more into the team as there is no cash flow, because he has funded the first stage of the stadium build which is eventually going to cost circa £750m. In addition the club is not generating enough revenue in its own either through prize money or commercial deals.

you shouldn’t get what you can’t afford mate.

he’s gambled twice now on us being in the prem we’ve stayed up by the skin

if he doesn’t add the players we need

it’s on him

38 years old lb. 40 years old goalie who played his last game in 2017. What is the point?

This is hilarious.
An outsider looking at it over the past 2 seasons makes it seem that the board were trying to get us down, the last lot failed so we move people around and try for the 3 rd time, I know it’s not probably correct but would relaxation in the 2 last years been more beneficial with the FFP it just seems with what’s going or not going on that’s the game plan they didn’t even congratulate the team etc for staying up last season

So looks like the Young stuff is indeed true. I think another poster nailed it on the head before by saying if this was just the latest signing after we'd brought 2 or 3 in key positions we'd probably just shrug. Would be no different to say Brighton bringing in Milner on a free, experienced, adaptable and provides depth.

Though as it's now gonna be our first signing, a lot are gonna panic, understandably so, that we are properly skint and are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Hope this just does turn out to be a footnote in the business we do this summer, and we sign players closer to 20 than 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back