Summer transfer window 2023

So, reportedly, Sporting have made a first offer of 12million Euros (£10.3m) with 3m in add-ons for Viktor Gyokeres. Everton have been linked with Gyokeres for at least a couple of windows. If truly interested, can't we get an offer out? Seems like he could be had for £17M - £18M? He's in our price range. If Beto is the preferred target, so be it, let's get an offer out. I'm just saying, whoever we are targeting for striker in particular, let's try to get our business done early in the window before the options vanish. We need to be aggressive. I would not loan out Simms or Cannon until we secure a striker. Might want to have a look at Cannon to stay with the first team in any event if Dyche does not rate Simms. Dembele on a free seems worth a shot as well.

So, reportedly, Sporting have made a first offer of 12million Euros (£10.3m) with 3m in add-ons for Viktor Gyokeres. Everton have been linked with Gyokeres for at least a couple of windows. If truly interested, can't we get an offer out? Seems like he could be had for £17M - £18M? He's in our price range. If Beto is the preferred target, so be it, let's get an offer out. I'm just saying, whoever we are targeting for striker in particular, let's try to get our business done early in the window before the options vanish. We need to be aggressive. I would not loan out Simms or Cannon until we secure a striker. Might want to have a look at Cannon to stay with the first team in any event if Dyche does not rate Simms. Dembele on a free seems worth a shot as well.
We could offer Simms to Coventry as a potential replacement?

I thought there was a magic day for our accounts to roll from one financial year to the next which is the end of June? If so it's unlikely we'll sign anyone this month but I don't understand why negotiations can't be carried out and I can't believe we would be able to keep anything quiet if we were. In other words it's not looking good for team strengthening at the moment.

Two or three forwards who can score simply HAS to be the priority. Even loan signings.

I’d go as far as saying that providing we don’t lose anyone, I’d go with what we’ve got in all other areas of the pitch if we were to prioritise the forward positions.

Good times eh Bill.

IMG_5834.jpeg

IMG_5833.jpeg

Our price range is free transfers and loans. Why do people think we're going to be spending money this window ?

The priority should be free transfers because of the obvious fiscal benefit for FFP and the competition to sign those players.

I don’t think we have no money to spend. I do think it will be after financial year end that we spend it.