Summer transfer window 2023

£16m is big spending for a relegated midget

We baulked at signing Gyokeres for a similar fee
maybe we are spending the Gordon money lol. Beside who said we baulked at Gyokeres ? According to latest reports in Portugal we are readying a bid.
unfortunalely we dont know what is going on behind the scenes: i think at this stage it is a lot of talking and hoping the top players on our list want to come. But both Harrison & Gyokeres look Dyche type of players and both needed.

Massively linked with the reds. Also not sure too many clubs would be rushing to loan their young talents out to Everton at the moment given the state of the club.
He would have a hard time getting gametime when joining clubs like that. He is in a stage of his career he really needs to make minutes to continu his development. At least with us he would have a big chance for that. I do think he will aim for a club higher on the foodchain though.

They would help improve out attacking power but you do need a striker on the pitch as well.

I think we also need to add creativity in the middle of the field because at present we have none.

We should be trying for players who will get double figures. Not saying Harrison wouldn’t be a good buy but we need much more.

McNeill is potentially the only player we have who could break double figures based on his form last season (although he doesn’t have much of a goal record prior to that). None of the midfielders are getting many, perhaps a few for Doucoure. Gray and Iwobi won’t contribute many. The strikers are non existent.

Do Harrison and McNeil give you enough goals though if they’re first choice? Harrison would get more than Iwobi but that’s not hard.
It depends if we’re being realistic or not. Some want us to sign wingers who are going to provide 10+ goals a season, but outside of a small handful of players, not many are hitting them numbers and certainly not on a consistent basis.

I think McNeil finished as our top scorer(maybe) last season, despite being plop for half of it.

It depends if we’re being realistic or not. Some want us to sign wingers who are going to provide 10+ goals a season, but outside of a small handful of players, not many are hitting them numbers and certainly not on a consistent basis.

I think McNeil finished as our top scorer(maybe) last season, despite being plop for half of it.
Absolutely. If Harrison and McNeil got 10 between them then that would be a step forward. As long as they also provide the assists for our as yet unknown goal machine up top

We should be trying for players who will get double figures. Not saying Harrison wouldn’t be a good buy but we need much more.

McNeill is potentially the only player we have who could break double figures based on his form last season (although he doesn’t have much of a goal record prior to that). None of the midfielders are getting many, perhaps a few for Doucoure. Gray and Iwobi won’t contribute many. The strikers are non existent.

Harvey Barnes who's your winger that gets double figures is being linked to Villa/West Ham for £40m. We don't have that kind of money. We need to be more frugal, I think Harrison under £15m is a great signing.

But more importantly it's about getting a striker who gets 10+.

Only 8 wingers hit 10+ goals in the league last season.

i think what you are saying is that players like Harrison and Mc Neil are not out and out goal scorers. Unlike Richarlison who is more a striker playing out wide. Morelos could play that way too. That is why i hope we also buy a wide player with more a striker's instinct. Or someone who play off the main striker not being Maupay lol