Summer transfer window 2023

Christ, Tom Krauss actually rejected us to sign for Mainz lol we have zero pull even for a PL team.
Didn't realise he played the full match yesterday vs England in the U21 Euro's (exactly!) - Of course I had my eyes on Branthwaite and later Garner but from what I saw the whole German side was pretty dire

Last edited:

Villa spending 55mil on CB. Taking their debt on spending in 7yrs to double of Everton’s. Yes we’ve paid higher wages and more to managers and sacking them, but they spent 3 of those 7 yrs in the championship, which probably lost them 150/200 mil in TV and sponsorship money.

Makes no sense to me how we can’t spend a penny and they can carry on spending fortunes

Villa spending 55mil on CB. Taking their debt on spending in 7yrs to double of Everton’s. Yes we’ve paid higher wages and more to managers and sacking them, but they spent 3 of those 7 yrs in the championship, which probably lost them 150/200 mil in TV and sponsorship money.

Makes no sense to me how we can’t spend a penny and they can carry on spending fortunes

theyve bought but doubt theyd be more than 80-100m in net spend since selling Grealish. Torres is 30-35m, not 55

Does seem odd, but selling Grealish for £100m probably kept them in the black. West Ham will probably be okay the next few years for the same reason, selling Rice to one of the big boys.
Sad state of affairs when clubs have to sell their best players every year to the big boys for FFP reasons. The gap just keeps getting wider.

What about Piroe from Swansea, can shoot.

Looks like we have been linked with Piroe now, 23 year old striker scored 24 goals last season, has 1 year left on his current deal, scores some belters in the championship, if the fee isnt silly he could be decent, certainly looks too good for the championship.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...transfer-for-swansea-city-striker-joel-piroe/

we
theyve bought but doubt theyd be more than 80-100m in net spend since selling Grealish. Torres is 30-35m, not 55
what ever he is, the figures are correct, virtually double Everton’s debt in 7yrs and spent 3 years in the championship and 2yrs fighting relegation after coming up.
Yes grealish would have helped a little, but we got more for richarlison and Gordon and we still can’t spend

Does seem odd, but selling Grealish for £100m probably kept them in the black. West Ham will probably be okay the next few years for the same reason, selling Rice to one of the big boys.
Sad state of affairs when clubs have to sell their best players every year to the big boys for FFP reasons. The gap just keeps getting wider.
Stil they have a debt of roughly 400mil in 7yrs. Our investigation is pre Covid? 3/4 yrs ago. I believe moshiri and the board are now using P&S as an excuse for why we aren’t spending, he obviously doesn’t want to spend another penny or it was Usmanov

Looks like we have been linked with Piroe now, 23 year old striker scored 24 goals last season, has 1 year left on his current deal, scores some belters in the championship, if the fee isnt silly he could be decent, certainly looks too good for the championship.

Based on age / scoring record / likely price Piroe probably looks better value than Gyokeres? But you'd probably want him to be one of two CF signings as going with just him and DCL would be risky.