Summer transfer window 2023

I love Jarrod but, we absolutely need a 3rd cb of better standard than Keane
Agreed, I really hope he develops into a superstar, but we cant put our season and relegation hopes on the back of a young kid who had 1 good season in an easier league. Besides that, injuries WILL happen, and you need 3 good CBs regardless, so even if Branthwaite doesn't start immediately he will get a lot of game time this season.

Basically you either sign another CB or you dont, and if you dont you see a lot of Michael Keane.

Put Maguire in a deeper defensive line and he's a decent player. He's also one of the best players in the league aerially and his distribution is another level to any other defender we have.

Having said that, he's dead slow and earns about twice what our next highest earner gets.

Never happening

…when DCL was at the top of his game and a real handful, I remember Maguire handling him comfortably at Goodison.

People can forget about Lizzy Maguire signing, his wages are too high, the source was 'TeamTalk' and he's more likely to just go to West Ham. Well get a CB, on loan, on deadline day

Maguire was outstanding at Hull. Used to collect the ball and power forward like an out of control Duracell bunny.
Was dominant at Leicester

Much less so at Utd.

Pity about his wages. Move on

Maguire was outstanding at Hull. Used to collect the ball and power forward like an out of control Duracell bunny.

Much less so at Utd.

Great for England too.

He'd come for Mina's wage, IMO.

But reckon he's West Ham bound myself.

Much less so at Utd.

His wages and his likely fee of around 30m means he wont be coming here, but its a slow day it seems.

We also have 5 CBs in the squad, so by all means lets get a new 1 in, but we probably need to try and sell 2 of ours first.

Holgate looks likely to leave, but thats it I think.

I dont see us getting another CB unless we "cash in" on Branflakes.