Summer transfer window 2023

1691584237532.jpeg

IF & that's a massive IF we are after the lad from PSG it looks like a loan with an option.
So not a big outlay.
Chermo will be spread over his contract , so not so much up front.

It's a bit "kicking the can down the road" like.
But more sensible and calculated kicking the can down the road than we've done in the past with some absolute wasters 👍

Loan to buy option clause which "can" become mandatory.

Id expect it means its triggered if he plays over 25 games or something.
Could be a lot of things. Appearances, goals, etc. Could be that we're stuck with him if he doesn't produce. Can't see PSG wanting to fob the player off onto us if it turns out he's a hundred-million-pound player without a massive sell-on attached to the buy clause.

The devil is in the details, and they have the leverage unless they've figured out he's an attitude problem, which seems unlikely.

I know we are pretty rubbish at most things, but does everyone have to be so bleak?

I mean, even if there is only a 1% chance of it (or anything) happening, can't we at least enjoy that small moment of hope, without anyone peeing on the parade?
I think for the most part it's realism rather than pessimism.
Because its Romano, you'd assume there is at least something beyond tenuous in this but at the end of the day, a player either signs or they don't.
We have a recent record of abject failure in getting deals done, for a whole host of reasons, primarily now financial, but not limited to that.
Peoples skepticism is entirely justified.
If we're struggling to field a forward in a few weeks time, then this link to Ekitike and any others are meaningless. Only players wearing the shirt can make an impact, transfer links cannot.

Does anyone find it weird we're prepared to spend 50m on Ekitike and Chermitti it doesn't make much sense to me unless DCL is going?
Maupay isn't good enough, so I assume - and this relies very much on the reports being true, in any case - Ekitike would be seen as DCL's replacement and Chermiti as someone we can develop/an able deputy.

If one or both succeed, we can bin DCL next year if his injury/form woes remain. If DCL manages a good number of games and some form, we don't trigger the buy obligation for Ekitike (assuming it is linked to games played) and Chermiti remains stand-in.

Does anyone find it weird we're prepared to spend 50m on Ekitike and Chermitti it doesn't make much sense to me unless DCL is going?
Better this way: a couple of players with bags of potential, who might have to pitch in if DCL is injured, than spending money on crap like Che Adams to be 'backup' who will no doubt end up leading the line for us most of the time.