Summer transfer window 2023

Speaking of….he isn’t “not fit” or “ still part of the squad” as Dyche likes to say. Hasn’t be sold, barely been linked anywhere, isn’t being forced to train alone, and isn’t all over the media as refusing to train a la Gnonto. Are we literally just pretending he never happened? Surely if we don’t want him at FF and he doesn’t want to be there we’ve come to an arrangement on salary while he looks for a club? Obviously he has a contract so doesn’t have to rip it up for our benefit, but it’s all a bit pathetic from both parties now. Do something
Speaking of….he isn’t “not fit” or “ still part of the squad” as Dyche likes to say. Hasn’t be sold, barely been linked anywhere, isn’t being forced to train alone, and isn’t all over the media as refusing to train a la Gnonto. Are we literally just pretending he never happened? Surely if we don’t want him at FF and he doesn’t want to be there we’ve come to an arrangement on salary while he looks for a club? Obviously he has a contract so doesn’t have to rip it up for our benefit, but it’s all a bit pathetic from both parties now. Do something?
Did his agent not say that he wouldn’t be returning? If so, surely we can stop paying him?

6-8 goals is more than we'll get from Maupay and DCL is unlikely to be available consistently enough.

Ideally we'd get 10 goals from any new forward and have the others chip in, and get the odd goal from DCL.

There isn't a guaranteed goalscorer within our budget, that we are capable of attracting here.

If it's a choice between Che Adams or Daka, and Maupay, then I'll take Che Adams or Daka. Adams would get more goals I think.

I'd prefer Ekitike, as at least he offers the hope of better, but I don't see that happening. I don't think Iheanacho or Dia are in the frame either.

I'd like to see us do far better, but with time and financial constraints, we have to get someone in.

Just my personal thought but....Perhaps some of our dithering is caused by the conflicted mindset.
1. Clearly the direction from the top is to keep us up for another year until we get to BMD, at which time Moshiri sells up and moves on. Think Bill supports this as his tenure is limited one way or another.
2. The ambition from the middle (Thelwell/Dyche) is to build a successful team that not only avoids relegation but finishes mid table and starts to challenge for Europe next season. This is not their last job(s) so their career is key, not this job specifically.

Strategy one leads you to Che Adams, EarNacho, DCL, Maupay, Danjuma, Harrison,
Strategy two points to Chermiti, Etikite, Beto, Cannon, even Akpom

Gnonto and even to some extent Daka sit somewhere in between the two, for me. I am sure others feel differently

Just my personal thought but....Perhaps some of our dithering is caused by the conflicted mindset.
1. Clearly the direction from the top is to keep us up for another year until we get to BMD, at which time Moshiri sells up and moves on. Think Bill supports this as his tenure is limited one way or another.
2. The ambition from the middle (Thelwell/Dyche) is to build a successful team that not only avoids relegation but finishes mid table and starts to challenge for Europe next season. This is not their last job(s) so their career is key, not this job specifically.

Strategy one leads you to Che Adams, EarNacho, DCL, Maupay, Danjuma, Harrison,
Strategy two points to Chermiti, Etikite, Beto, Cannon, even Akpom

Gnonto and even to some extent Daka sit somewhere in between the two, for me. I am sure others feel differently
It’s deffo because we’ve got three people trying to do one job, and Chairman Bill and Moshiri interfering, when it should just be the DoF Thelwell with input from Dyche.

We’re a joke - I’m amazed any clubs want to deal with us.