Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I cant still get my head - and leaving aside the phantom bids we've now arrrived at - is how Thelwell and Dyche have spent cash on a player 'for the future' like Chermeti when we are desperate for a PL-ready forward to save our bacon this season.

Did no one think of asking that blindingly obvioius question to Dyche at the press conference? It's like the club live in an anti-DCL replacement universe to the one we live in where we can clearly see the gaping jaws of the Championship opening up.

Yes Dave, hence we've been joking about it all afternoon on the site.

What I cant still get my head - and leaving aside the phantom bids we've now arrrived at - is how Thelwell and Dyche have spent cash on a player 'for the future' like Chermeti when we are desperate for a PL-ready forward to save our bacon this season.

Did no one think of asking that blindingly obvioius question to Dyche at the press conference? It's like the club live in an anti-DCL replacement universe to the one we live in where we can clearly see the gaping jaws of the Championship opening up.

He was bought for the future.

The future in the Championship.

People keep saying it’s not kevs fault we can’t spent whilst ignoring the fact he has spent on a player dyche wont use
It's bizarre.

I know the answer could be the structure of payoments were acceptable to Sporting, but really the first player in should have been a good to go forward...and they could have been lined up for about £5M-£10M if we had a decent network of scouts trawling through the European leagues.

I said the other day that Walsh would have sorted us out by now. Whatever you think of Walsh THAT is undeniably true I'd say.

Thelwell is what he is: Moshiri's man put there to claw money in for players and spend the very bare minimum on incomings. He is not a DoF.

Another NTL rerun, spending money we thought was coming in from MSP only to have the rug pulled from beneath us with impeccable comic timing

I’m pretty sure someone did ask him at the press conference and he answered that we bought the players that we could sign

The interviewer pressed him and he said Harry Kane wasn’t up for coming

The club now briefing that they are deliberately underbidding for players is an interesting strategy.
There are times when I think all the bidding is an elaborate illusion of trying to get players to please the fans when they really don't intend to sign them at all. Underbid for targets. Offer the money with conditions on payments that make the offer much lower in fact. Anything that will string out the process until the transfer window closes.

Think someone did ask precisely this before the end and Dyche got quite prickly about saying when he’d play Chermiti and then banged on about how it was all down to the structure and clubs being willing to deal with us. Got the impression that Dyche had no intention of ever playing Chermiti.

25/26m? I'm sure it's just the way he's phrased it, but can totally imagine the scenario...

Us: Hello. We'd like to bid 25m or 26m for Beto please?

Them: Well, which is it? 25m or 26m?

Us: Well, we'd prefer 25m. Is that ok?

Them: We'll choose, 26m, thanks.

Us: Are you sure we can't tempt you with 25m? We'd much prefer it.

Them: But you said 26m, so obviously we're going to choose that one.

Us: Oh. When you put it like that, it was a bit silly of us. Ok then. 26m it is! We bid 26m for Beto.

Them: Thanks.

Us: Do you accept?

Them: No. He costs 35m which you well know.

Us: Can we talk about 25m again?

Them: *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back