Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much in wages are we paying out on players, who are either surplus to requiremen or offer zero to our first team?

Deli Ali, Gomes, Gbamin, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate, Patterson, Mykolenko, Maupey, Young.

I’d rather sign no one than add another like Che Adams. This board will never learn! Bring in these players, pay them more than any other club would, then wonder why we can’t get rid of them.

I‘d rather give the kids a chance & hope we have new owners by January.
I think about £750k a week is there or thereabouts. Absolutely scandalous.

About £40m for the season.

This Sasha fella only lives off the Onana transfer so I will wait and see, however it's probably true because why the f wouldnt it be at this point in the clubs history.

What I cant still get my head - and leaving aside the phantom bids we've now arrrived at - is how Thelwell and Dyche have spent cash on a player 'for the future' like Chermeti when we are desperate for a PL-ready forward to save our bacon this season.

Did no one think of asking that blindingly obvioius question to Dyche at the press conference? It's like the club live in an anti-DCL replacement universe to the one we live in where we can clearly see the gaping jaws of the Championship opening up.
That question was asked.

Evening all and welcome to the 24th of August Everton transfer round up…. It’s a bit depressing and carries a health warning.

The chances of Everton signing strikers Beto and Che Adams are currently “highly unlikely”, according to Graeme Bailey. The 90min journalist reported via Twitter (24 August) that Everton are in talks with Udinese for Beto but the Serie A side have placed a price tag on their 25-year-old striker that is “in excess of £30million”, making a deal hard to complete.

Everton have agreed a £15million fee with Southampton to sign Scotland striker Che Adams, but the South Coast club want a £5million down payment, according to inews. The outlet reported on its website on 24 August that Everton are yet to agree to the demand as they hope to stretch their limited transfer budget further to improve the squad

Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto has been warned that he won’t be given a third chance after apologising for his recent behaviour. Gnonto has been the subject of multiple bids by Everton this summer after making his desire to leave the Elland Road club clear. However, all the Blues’ offers have been rejected by Leeds, who released a public statement earlier this month stating the Italy under-21 international would not be sold this summer.

Hugo Ekitike is eager to move to the Premier League. That’s according to Fabrizio Romano, who has reported that the Paris Saint-Germain attacker would prefer a move to England over staying in Ligue 1.

Writing in his exclusive CaughtOffside column, Romano said: “What I’m hearing now is that Lyon, more than big money, want players to be included in the deal. Of course a fee will be needed as well, but they believe they can take advantage of these negotiations by including players in the deal.

Sheffield United may be about to fight off competition from Premier League rivals Everton and Burnley while entering talks to sign Troyes striker Mama Balde for around £5 million. Only a couple of weeks ago, some were suggesting that Derby County’s 11-point record from 2007/08 could soon be coming under threat as Sander Berge followed Iliman Ndiaye – arguably Sheffield United’s two best players during their promotion winning campaign – out the door of Bramall Lane.​

What I cant still get my head - and leaving aside the phantom bids we've now arrrived at - is how Thelwell and Dyche have spent cash on a player 'for the future' like Chermeti when we are desperate for a PL-ready forward to save our bacon this season.

Did no one think of asking that blindingly obvioius question to Dyche at the press conference? It's like the club live in an anti-DCL replacement universe to the one we live in where we can clearly see the gaping jaws of the Championship opening up.
Whilst the first bit is piffle, the second part is bang on! How the eff did they sanction Chermiti before a striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back