Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

We get an offer around 20m for Iwobi we have to sell but we would also need a playmaker in
Injured and with less than a year to go on his contract I’d be amazed if any other club was soft enough to handover anywhere close to £20m for Iwobi.
Have a horrible feeling it’s far more likely that he’ll carry on taking his current wage and see out his contract!

But he did well at PSG and Rangers and most were surprised at the low fee at the time.

While Gray is now 27 and only really ever performed when new to a team.

It’s a very similar trajectory to Arteta bounced out of a Scottish club and deemed available for loan at a mid tier Spanish club to Arteta. You could draw similar parralels with Piennar.

When you look at what Brighton fans say about the lad, they really want him given a chance, they think he has huge quality, but also recognise they’ve had one of the best midfields in the world over the last 12 months and now the likes of Gilmour coming is - it’s a tough gig and he has a year on his contract. He shone last season out on loan. They’d like to keep him.

I wouldn’t be at all closed minded on him and his profile.

Last edited:
I'm sure we've finished our buying. There'll be some loans, in and out, on Friday but I can't see anything that is going make a real difference happening
I only hope there is some money left if there is a good deal to be done. For example the defender from Germany seems available for a low price ( if rumours are to be believed ) as he wants out and contract is up in 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back