Summer transfer window 2023

Merson shocked Everton are selling Iwobi​

Paul Merson on Sky Sports News:
"I'm shocked. Everton need to keep their players. I thought Iwobi was one of their better players last season, in a terrible season and the season before. Very shocked. Good signing for Fulham."

I'm shocked the tool has a job!!!!
He's always been a bell. Surprised we haven't destroyed the sellers market after the tripe he spouted when we bought richarlison

everton to gnonto

54542917.jpg

"I'm shocked. Everton need to keep their players. I thought Iwobi was one of their better players last season, in a terrible season and the season before. Very shocked. Good signing for Fulham."

Yeah, if Mersin had recommended us to sell him I'd have kept him. The man talks utter guff.

If we don’t sign another full back today, I predict a game this season where we see a back four of:

Garner—Tarkowski—Branthwaite—Harrison

Dyche will soon realise that his 4 actual full backs aren’t good enough.

I can understand people thinking selling Iwobi is a good thing but I don’t understand why people are acting like it can only be seen that way and it’s crazy to say otherwise because it’s true that he’s been one of our better players recently and he’s a premier league quality player at least which not all of them are. The same thing could be said of maupay but to a lesser extent because after seeing chermiti over the last week I think maupay is a good bit better than him at the moment and with cannon and simms gone aswell our options are very limited again if nobody good gets signed today.

I like the idea of Sulemana as he’s properly rapid and tricky despite being the most one footed dribbler I’ve ever seen. But £30m is a lot. £25m plus some harsh add ons sounds palatable. And I suspect we’d have to install some extra blind alleys at Goodison.

I can understand people thinking selling Iwobi is a good thing but I don’t understand why people are acting like it can only be seen that way and it’s crazy to say otherwise because it’s true that he’s been one of our better players recently and he’s a premier league quality player at least which not all of them are. The same thing could be said of maupay but to a lesser extent because after seeing chermiti over the last week I think maupay is a good bit better than him at the moment and with cannon and simms gone aswell our options are very limited again if nobody good gets signed today.
And breathe…

Time will tell if he is right or wrong...I am on the fence and I believe that we will miss iwobi. I just hope that we have enough quality in the team to create and score goals.

I agree, selling Iwobi isnt a good thing, but, selling him for 22m is an AMAZING thing.

6 goals in 4 years.