Summer transfer window 2023

Next summer after out of contract players are removed, were down to a squad of 16.

I think we need the cashflow from those two being sold.
The squad have a depth of a kiddie pool as it is, and most of the water is urine. Don't know how we'll survive till january under those conditions

The squad have a depth of a kiddie pool as it is, and most of the water is urine. Don't know how we'll survive till january under those conditions

We have 26 players in the squad.

The issue is going to come next summer and also 2025.

But id be happy with almost all those out of contract players in the next two summers leaving.

We need to extend Branthwaites deal as a priority. Other than him and perhaps DCL a massive change of the guard.

Which can only be a positive.

We have 26 players in the squad.

The issue is going to come next summer and also 2025.

But id be happy with almost all those out of contract players in the next two summers leaving.

We need to extend Branthwaites deal as a priority. Other than him and perhaps DCL a massive change of the guard.

Which can only be a positive.
Oh, I agree with you most of the squad needs replacing. Don't know if Branthwaite are willing to extend though considering that some, more competent ran club may turn his head, especially if we fail to keep our heads above water.

2024 (10)
Gray
Gomes
Doucoure
Dele
Gana
Coleman
Young
Lonergan
Harrison (loan)
Danjuma (loan)

2025 (7)
Godfrey
Keane
Maupay
Calvert-Lewin
Virginia
Holgate
Branthwaite*1year option

2026 (3)
Mykolenko
Tarkowski
Garner

2027 (6)
Onana
Pickford
McNeil
Patterson
Beto
Chermiti

10 players out of contract next summer and 7 in 2025.

Massive recycling of players happening.

Oh, I agree with you most of the squad needs replacing. Don't know if Branthwaite are willing to extend though considering that some, more competent ran club may turn his head, especially if we fail to keep our heads above water.

Check out my post above from the contracts thread i posted.

Currently, next summer were down to 16 players and if we use the 1 year Branthwaite extension then in 2025 our squad will only consist of 10 players.

That means we will need to give extensions to our better players + bring in 13 new players over the next 4 windows.

That figure may decrease if youth players e.g Mills come through.

If you look at the names out of contract 2024/25 then aside from DCL and Branthwaite (before 1 yr auto extension) you really wouldnt want to keep any of them.

Its going to be a rollercoaster.

Look, I don’t mind this window if it is a case of taking the next step in saving some cash on wages gbamin(if there is no payout), iwobi (if he wasn’t going to sign). Best case scenario thinking is we are trying to undo some of the mistakes of previous year.

Hopefully when McNeil, Harrison are right we may look a bit better.

Obviously the huge wildcards are what we get out of dele, Gomes and gray if we can extract something from them we may get away with it and hopefully get to safety with some cash from potential savings

I’m terms of free agents, any around?

Look, I don’t mind this window if it is a case of taking the next step in saving some cash on wages gbamin(if there is no payout), iwobi (if he wasn’t going to sign). Best case scenario thinking is we are trying to undo some of the mistakes of previous year.

Obviously the huge wildcards are what we get out of dele, Gomes and gray if we can extract something from them we may get away with it and hopefully get to safety with some cash from potential savings

Gray will still go imo.

Fans played like a fiddle again. Only surprise was Gray, and he may still leave.

One eye is on Moshiri's bank account, and the other on the commission in October.

The state of the squad is a secondary concern for them.

Increasingly we look like relegation fodder each year, because it's what we are. I wonder how long we can fight that off. A lot depends on Beto, whom I like, but we could have done with a bit more.

Just had a look at the free agent list on transfermarkt.

A few maybe worth taking a chance on. There’s a RW called El Ghazi. A couple of CMs called Gbamin and Scneiderlin who may be worth checking out.

But in all seriousness, there’s not much. J-Lingz is available

As probably said elsewhere especially in defence, even a sending off will impact us never mind long term injuries, you’d better pray we find some form and stay fit.