Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
On what planet is Salah only worth £50m in today's market? Ludicrous.

The market dictates. Whether you or me think that £50m is preposterous for somebody who kicks a football about or not, it is what it is.
I was thinking this before when commenting to @Goat Salah in footballing terms and ability is no where near that, but he made a fair point that he would be a king of Muslims over there. They are obviously looking at what he could bring in commercially, and tbh, its probably worth it. The club woukd make an absolute killing (pardon the pun)

I was thinking this before when commenting to @Goat Salah in footballing terms and ability is no where near that, but he made a fair point that he would be a king of Muslims over there. They are obviously looking at what he could bring in commercially, and tbh, its probably worth it. The club woukd make an absolute killing (pardon the pun)
It would definitely be worth it to the league. As others mentioned, the fact he is, regardless of being RS, a top player who is still in his prime and his background mean it would be a huge coup. It’s the kind of one off massive move that would raise the profile of Saudi football and pay dividends.

Tbh I think it’s more transfers like Caicedo going for £110million that have inflated the market. Cracking player yes, but if Brighton had sold him for £40million I think most would have said that was a great return on a player that cost a few million. But fair play to Brighton. They keep rinsing other teams lol

Which is why, in the end, our standard offer of a years supply of curly wurlies and a used copy of Razzle isn’t going to cut it anymore lol

It's not though
The Saudis getting Salah at this age, being Muslim too, would be a huge boost for their league
As Farhad might say 'he lives in the area' lol

Which as I said, is why he’s being bid for 150m+ … His commercial value, not his actual footballing talent.

Did you read the whole initial comment, or just skim to 2x and decide to tell me I’m wrong? lol

Anybody put a list of free agents up yet?
Just-say-no.jpg

Gambling on newly promoted sides to be as bad as we are, no way we accumulate more than 40 points this season with this squad in fact we will be lucky to get 30 if we keep getting these injuries.

Gambling on newly promoted sides to be as bad as we are, no way we accumulate more than 40 points this season with this squad in fact we will be lucky to get 30 if we keep getting these injuries.
We didn’t do as much as we should have but the squad is still a good bit better than the one that got 36 points last season.

Is there a final list of summer transfer business we did?

out
Gray, Iwobi, Maupay, Davies, Simms, Cannon, Mills, Coady, Mina, Holgate

In
Virginia, Danjuma, Beto, Chermetti, Harrison, Young.

missed any (didnt include players out on loan last season, who are still on loan)

Which as I said, is why he’s being bid for 150m+ … His commercial value, not his actual footballing talent.

Did you read the whole initial comment, or just skim to 2x and decide to tell me I’m wrong? lol
Well I didn't scroll back through back and forth replies if that's what you mean?
I replied to this whole comment:
How much did mane go to Bayern for? That’s salads value
Which didn't imply much background, just straight forward statement

Otherwise agree yea, his commercial value is way higher as a result, which ultimately is his value if they are willing to pay it

Is there a final list of summer transfer business we did?

out
Gray, Iwobi, Maupay, Davies, Simms, Cannon, Mills, Coady, Mina, Holgate

In
Virginia, Danjuma, Beto, Chermetti, Harrison, Young.

missed any (didnt include players out on loan last season, who are still on loan)
You missed Begovic, Townsend and Gbamin. And Nkounkou left permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back