Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Echo has declared Thursday as Official Del Day.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gerard-deulofeu-latest-9521053

[URL='http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/everton-fc']EVERTON are hopeful of being able to announce the signing of Gerard Deulofeu later today.

The 21-year-old winger has agreed terms on a move from Barcelona.

And Deulofeu, who spent the 2013-14 season on loan at Goodison, will join the Blues in a deal worth around £5m.

A buy-back option is to be included in the contract which will give Barca the chance to take him back to the Nou Camp at the end of the next two seasons, for pre-agreed fees.

After a breakthrough in negotiations last week, Deulofeu travelled to Liverpool complete negotaitions on Monday.

Everton are now just waiting for paperwork to be completed at Barcelona before the deal is tied up and they can announce the Spanish under-21 international as their second signing of the summer following the acquisition of Tom Cleverley.
[/URL]

Apologies if I've missed anything, but has there been any legitimate buzz about outgoing transfers (other than speculative Mirallas rumors)?

I ask only because the squad is fairly bloated. Cheers.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say IF we do sign Dann... a big if really... I won't bat an eyelid at an 8m fee. He would be worth every penny and would soon win the doubters over. The boy is a very very good defender.

Agreed. I think he may be a little too good to go for £8m, and If we did pull it off it will be one of the bargains of the year.

Dann will be a decent signing but we arent signing carvalio with him, he will just be a defender who does his job and is competent. Lets be honest thats all you need your centre half to do.

but personally this strikes me as a little Alan smith esq where we are linked without any genuine interest. If i am wrong and he turns up then great.

Apologies if I've missed anything, but has there been any legitimate buzz about outgoing transfers (other than speculative Mirallas rumors)?

I ask only because the squad is fairly bloated. Cheers.

I don't think the squad is bloated , if anything it is a bit thin.
We must remember that we are carrying players who have injury issues in Hibbert, Gibson, Oviedo, Kone and Pienaar. We can only hope that the coming season will be better for all of them. Hopefully Oviedo can get back to full fitness but there will always be question marks around the others.
Excluding the two goalkeepers that leaves us with fourteen players counting Cleverley, Garbutt and Mirallas. Hopefully that will rise to fifteen today. I did not count Galloway.

Tell you what id rather have 8-10 mill Soctt Dann then 30 mill Sergio Ramos.
Agreed. Dann is a very good defender. The only problem I have is spending 10 million on a defender that probably won't start many games, when we badly need a playmaker in the team to create more chances.

It can't be stated enough how badly that kind of player is desperately needed.

When Pienaar came on against Swansea we immediately looked a far better team. He and Osman are the only real creative midfielders we have, and both are now long in the tooth and need replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back