Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top drawer Echo journalism once more:

Everton's supposed interest - an interest that was never confirmed, remember - is supposedly over as Xherdan Shaqiri joins Stoke in a £12m deal.

So that puts that one to bed.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-news-transfer-rumours-9563261

Naturally, absolutely no confirmation of a done deal absolutely anywhere.

*clap clap clap

As far as I can tell the recurring headline generally stating that Stoke had a bid accepted (less than half the battle of a transfer if a player opposes the move) was 'spiced up' by some comedy news outlet - which has been picked up by the Echo as irrefutable evidence... which they then purposefully didn't link, in order to conceal this obviously dubious material, because they themselves are a gimmick-y 'media outlet'.

Has always struck me as being a very talented but somewhat spronky individual. Has joined some big name clubs because of his potential but then gets moved on. For £10m or whatever, we should be looking at him for defo as long as we accept we could have a Ballotelli type on our hands.

I am going to try my upmost to use this word in a work related conversation today.

Lads, this seems to be a daily occurrence. Can we not fill up this thread with off topic, and less than credible rumours.

This thread should be as quiet as a mouse until there's some credible evidence that Everton are actively engaged in seeking a named player.

Please use the speculation thread for everything else.

Has always struck me as being a very talented but somewhat spronky individual. Has joined some big name clubs because of his potential but then gets moved on. For £10m or whatever, we should be looking at him for defo as long as we accept we could have a Ballotelli type on our hands.
He's hardly a Ballotelli type and he's more than potential. He's 23 and almost 24, he's played at the world cup. He's played for a lot for Bayern Munich when they where winning everything. He's had one poor half season in Italy which didn't start well and he wasn't even that bad (similar stats and ratings to Lennon) plus Inter have no pace or even other wingers. Most of his good plays involved linking with Robben and Ribery down the wings.

Lads, this seems to be a daily occurrence. Can we not fill up this thread with off topic, and less than credible rumours.

This thread should be as quiet as a mouse until there's some credible evidence that Everton are actively engaged in seeking a named player.

I don't want to tell you your job but if you limited this thread to links only then I think that's what people want. We can then do the chatting in the other thread.

How did we managed to have a single summer transfer thread last season I don't know!

Good memories

Worries me how much people seem to want a full team of "potential sell on fee" type players !!

Its not Footy manager, football does not work like that in real life.

Teams like us need potential sell on fee for our players. We can't spend £10 million on 28 year olds.

YES, we can. Ok having some young lads in the team, but not a full team of them!!!!!

You need blend and balance.

We can't if it's a 28 year old who hasn't been proven in the Premier League. If you sign a 24 year old from Italy for £10 million and he flops, he can still be sold back to Italy as there's a market for him there, however if we sign a 28 year old for £10 million and he flops, then what do we do? Either keep him or get a fraction of the price back. Point I'm making is there's different options to people like Mertens, younger players who can be taken a risk on that could become brilliant and therefore can have a profit made from them. We've got enough experience in the squad as it is, we had one of the oldest squads in the league last year.

Got a tip From my mate about Shaquiri and as far as I'm concerned the tips don't lie

Basil_Fawlty.jpg

We can't if it's a 28 year old who hasn't been proven in the Premier League. If you sign a 24 year old from Italy for £10 million and he flops, he can still be sold back to Italy as there's a market for him there, however if we sign a 28 year old for £10 million and he flops, then what do we do? Either keep him or get a fraction of the price back. Point I'm making is there's different options to people like Mertens, younger players who can be taken a risk on that could become brilliant and therefore can have a profit made from them. We've got enough experience in the squad as it is, we had one of the oldest squads in the league last year.

Behave lad, 28 is a good age. We need SOME players that are good NOW!!!

You will be the first moaning when all these kids we have are inconsistent, and we are struggling in the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back