Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet you provide no links.

Ross Barkley said he was best as a Striker.

Hes not a number 10, his game relies on pace, not creativity, hes a winger.
That's because I have forgotten the link.

Here's a few links talking about him being best as a No 10

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3841...eat-no10-shaqiri-can-shape-his-future-against

"With Xhaka moved to the wing and Shaqiri deployed behind Josip Drmic, Switzerland's attack suddenly had a spark. Shaqiri was sharp, skilful, his scintillating hat-trick a brutal and clinical display of finishing prowess."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...entre-of-attention-for-the-right-reasons.html

"He can play on the wing but most commonly plays as a No 10 for Switzerland, where his eye for a pass and unerringly accurate shooting can be put to best use."

His game doesn't rely on pace. He's fast over a few yards but doesn't have a high top speed.

He's just another No 10 who has been pushed out on to the wing like a lot of No 10s have been when they've went to a big club.

Thats a great little story by the telegraph.

But guess where he played in that match versus England?

winger.webp
Oh look, ON THE WING.

Lads, this seems to be a daily occurrence. Can we not fill up this thread with off topic, and less than credible rumours.

This thread should be as quiet as a mouse until there's some credible evidence that Everton are actively engaged in seeking a named player.

Please use the speculation thread for everything else.
Can you define credible? 1 newsrag? 2 newsrags? 10 newsrags? Photo holding an Everton shirt at Finch Farm?
Perhaps if so many people don't follow the rules, it's because the rules are unclear?

Martens is 28 lads.

Have you not learned ANYTHING from FIFA?

Lennon is also 28, but because he's not called Lennonaldinho, no one wants him.

Was Mertens the one who KOd Cahill for the Euros with that snide push into Hart. At the time I was made up because it meant Jags got to go but it was still a pretty snide move.

So McCarthy in a deal with Lennon going the other way.

Does that make sense considering we've just signed Cleverly and Barkley might well play deeper next season?

There's also always Besic coming through to consider.

Personally it does make sense but I think it's a season too soon. I don't think Besic is quite ready to take over from McCarthy and Cleverly can't play that deep.

Besides I don't think we need Lennon especially if we get our targets and wouldn't want to strengthen Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back