Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave lad, 28 is a good age. We need SOME players that are good NOW!!!

You will be the first moaning when all these kids we have are inconsistent, and we are struggling in the league!

I don't mean kids. I mean someone around 24/25.

Mertens:
Living a great life in Italy, playing the sport you love for big money, just married a beautiful woman, wears braces.... would you want to come to Merseyside?

Behave lad, 28 is a good age. We need SOME players that are good NOW!!!

You will be the first moaning when all these kids we have are inconsistent, and we are struggling in the league!
I think we need Mertens just because of the position he plays. We've missed a Pienaar player since he started getting injured. 28 years old is fine.

Now after that it all depends on Kev. Do we keep Kev or sign Shaqiri or sign Lennon. If Kev is committed we know what he can do and 10 goals a season is hard to replace. If it's between Shaqiri and Lennon then I think it's a no brainer and we go for Shaqiri and yes age does factor into it.

If we are left with Mertens and Kev, while it's probably best for this year then in a few seasons we are going to have a headache replacing them.

And I have the nagging feeling Shaqiri would suit the premier league perfectly with all the space it affords players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back