Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesting aside, I think there are a couple of possible options:

1. Keep thread running as is. It may take time/seasons to smooth out and become mostly as intended.

2. Alter the format or trial seeding the thread every day/week/whenever with 'GOT' approved credible rumour. Can you create sub threads of individual credible rumours? A bit more bite size. Downside-more content management required.

In a nutshell, more of an approved news thread with comment.

There is still the speculative thread for all peoples 'mate down pubs is a sports journo' type rumours.

not a bad idea. whoever posts the "credible rumour" in the other tags a mod to see if they wanna open this thread up to put the post in?

if you log in and see some yapping going on here you know something a bit less guffish might be happening.

That is not a bad call. I was thinking similar earlier.

lads can you get back on topic please

Agreed.

Stoke agree fee with Inter for midfielder

Any hopes Everton had of signing Swiss international midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri look to be over as Stoke have agreed a club-record £12million fee with Inter Milan.

Reports earlier this week claimed that Everton were tracking the former Bayern man after they were alerted to Inter's willingness to do a deal - though there have also been claims to the contrary (that's the transfer window for you).

Various Italian media now claim Stoke are beating Everton in race for Xherdan Shaqiri. Can you be beaten to a player you're not in for? #EFC

— Richard Buxton (@RichardBuxton_) July 1, 2015

Stoke have also been monitoring the 23-year-old, who turned down a move to the Britannia Stadium in January in order to sign for Inter.

His move to Italy hasn't worked out, making just eight league starts, and it seems Stoke's long-term interest in the former Basel youngster is to pay dividends.

With a deal for Shaqiri seemingly slipping away rumours emerged of another target - Napoli winger Dries Mertens.

Everton have made an enquiry on Belgian winger Dries Mertens (Napoli). Not sure if he’s #EFC’s priority target. Contacts have been confirmed

— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) July 1, 2015

The 28-year-old Belgium international began his career at Gent but has played for the likes of Utrecht and PSV before joining Napoli in 2013.

Reports suggest he could be available for as little as £10million, with the Belgian connection at Goodison offering Everton an obvious advantage.

Seems Napoli want £10m or so for the Asda Hazard, Dries Mertens. I don't know much, but I know that's a bargain.

— Rory Smith (@RorySmithTimes) June 30, 2015

Everton forum
Ale house
World football
Transfer rumours

Within transfer rumours individual threads for each player. If the thread contains substance keep it open. If it does not the mods close.

Why don't you start a thread called something completely different, with no indication that it is the real transfer thread and secretly ask only those with real, solid ITk transfer news. (Or have you already done it, you clever(ly) mods?)

Mate, how difficult is it to have 2 threads, one where anything goes and one where "credible" stories can be discussed. The logic is simple, some people do not want to wade through loads of speculation to find the odd credible story. Hence the division. We're not here to edit content we're here to keep this site the most readable and informative Everton forum on the 'net.

I'll let your off topic go on this occasion but no more, thank you.
You're too nice.
I've just thread banned him and a few others. If people behave like sulking kids, then that's how they should be treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back