summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Ronaldo in a team ahead of Messi mate, Messi has had the entire team built around him and playing to his strengths his entire career, Ronaldo has done it for two teams now, close like but would give him the nod every time. When your dealing with the 2 out and out best players in the world the past decade basically though it's down to what you prefer i guess

As for Iniesta he's always been a cracking player, but dunno if i ever would have put him in the top 3 in the world at any point

This all day long. Plus I think Messi is to protected by the ref's so he can play his game more. you can pull of the best tackle in the world on the lad but he will still get a free kick and you will get booked for it. I mean i know Ronaldo gets away with stuff but he's not protected if you get me.

The way i see it if you put Messi in the PL there is no way he would be as good as he is at barca on a individual scale. Ronaldo would.

anyway back to the real world how about nicuşor stanciu for the number 10 role or goretzka for CM?

Last edited:
I get the rest of your post totally but seriously, the bits in bold make me doubt your sanity

not sure any of his points were insane.

definitely not insane to think ronaldo is better, i do, and so do many millions.

those two are always in the top 3 bracket as well, iniesta is/has been class, but not as good as lahm, ibra, ribery etc...

just out of curiousity @FCBarça what national team do you support?
Switzerland, the US, Spain, or Norway? Or all of them. Bad meff gloryhunter you are.

Inconsistent when he's one on one, has no awareness of players around him, absolutely no left foot to speak of, lazy defensively, poor crosser of a ball, greedy in possession, plays with his head down, doesn't really sound like a star player in the making does he?

This boy Deulfeou has a long way to go before he's ready. There's been no progression in him since he came here last summer and it just doesn't look like he wants to learn either. He may make a bit part player for Barca's squad but he's never going to be the main event at this rate.
He needs a serious attitude change if he's going to develop otherwise he'll be a wasted talent like so many others.

Defo seen him tracking back recently, the question is whether he can develop under Martino or does he need to stay with Martinez to reach his potential

Tell you what though lids, Everton eh?

Isn't it sound to support a club where you're following them for the right reasons rather than having to cover up your acute gloryhunting through stalking the young boys and pointing out your grandparents were Spanish, as you are American.

Give our USA supporters a lot of credit. If you fall in love with Everton and the heartbreak that comes with them then I am in no illusion as to how much you must "get it". Is right.

Or you could choose to "follow" previously one of the best football (soccer) trams in the world! Yer mar might be Latin lad but she's from Mexico you dull, dull whopper (douche).

If anyone can watch Deulofeu and consider him good enough to start every game for Barcelona, never mind us, then they need to pick a different sport as its clear they don't understand football (soccer).

Get that satellite (cable) subscription changed lid, you're a fraud.

Tough, like...

Does that excel sheet work for FIFA too?

EVERLOANA. AMIRITE?

Back on topic. I want unsubstantiated, fantastical speculation into who/what/when/where/why and how we are going to sign Chilean/Belgian/Ethiopian visa holding wunderkinds and aging Geordies alike. Exotic formations are encouraged.

Get to it.

Defo heard Vandelay linked. Two-footed overlapping False-6 I think. Can play 90 in vented and traditional shirts.

Will I need to start a fake Moutinho to Everton rumour to stop the talk of Barcelona in this thread?

Anyway don't care who we're linked to, as long as it's someone we've never heard of, which as we all know can only mean one thing: the lad is going to be world class.

MAgree to a certain extent, but tbf mate, I wouldn't be happy with players like Pelle, de Jong and Altidore. Said that before on here. Chadli though is still a very good player in my opinion just wasted at Spurs. Very bad career move by him. Bony is another one I loved us to sign. Tadic is another one who I definitely see as more than good enough to make the step up.

Dutch what you make of Djuricic from his time at Heerenveen, getting linked with a move from Benfica to Newcastle today in a few sources for like 7m and seem to remember seeing him against the scots for serbia and looking amazingly talented for his age

Dutch what you make of Djuricic from his time at Heerenveen, getting linked with a move from Benfica to Newcastle today in a few sources for like 7m and seem to remember seeing him against the scots for serbia and looking amazingly talented for his age
Looked great for Heerenveen, but failed to make an impression at Benfica. Risky one for me, but has time on his side with regards to realising his potential. Wouldn't mind swerving this one tbh.

Forwards that show potential at Heerenveen are "hit or miss" to say the least. For every Huntelaar and Nistelrooy, there is an Alfonso Alves or Bas Dost. Djuricic looks like he could go down the miss route as it stands, and unfortunately I think Finnbogason will when he leaves too.

EDIT: Add Marcus Alback and Samaras to the list, too.

Forwards that show potential at Heerenveen are "hit or miss" to say the least. For every Huntelaar and Nistelrooy, there is an Alfonso Alves or Bas Dost. Djuricic looks like he could go down the miss route as it stands, and unfortunately I think Finnbogason will when he leaves too.

EDIT: Add Marcus Alback and Samaras to the list, too.
Think that's a fair assessment mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back