Sunderland v Everton. 12th Sept at 2000.

Do you like Moyes now?

• Yes

Votes: 112 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 190 30.2%
  • Not arsed

Votes: 327 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did bring good players in and improve the quality of our squad, but then his tactics meant he underutilised the talent at his disposal. Goodison was the place were strikers went to ruin their careers. Lukaku would not be half the player he is under Moyes.

It never seemed to affect your league finishes.

So do I - I'm depressed with our sudden capitulation tonight, but I'm not daft enough to ignore the fact that (a) important players are still injured; and (b) we are still a month behind other teams, after the Allardyce/England saga.

He will be working day in, day out on shoring up the defence, and then he will worry about scoring the odd goal. It won't be pretty, but I think he'll keep you in the league.

If you thought Big Sam was a cautious manager though, you haven't seen anything yet!

Seriously what a brilliant club yous support

CsLzh37WEAADP6G.jpg

It's 700k he needs overall. It is a bit uncomfortable to think that literally life saving money to a little boy many others like him in his predicament is such chicken change to PL football clubs.
Yes. I'm sure there are a lot of parents sat in Alder Hey right now thinking to themselves 'why him, and not us?'

Sad state of affairs, all told, when a single days wage for the first team would probably cover many life-saving operations.

He will be working day in, day out on shoring up the defence, and then he will worry about scoring the odd goal. It won't be pretty, but I think he'll keep you in the league.

If you thought Big Sam was a cautious manager though, you haven't seen anything yet!

Not getting it mate - teams don't finish in the top 8 ten years on the belt, play in cup finals and the champions league by putting ten men behind the ball. He might not be Guardiola but there's no way he solely "defended" his way to those league finishes with EFC. We might be a different story - for this year at least. Needs must and all that.

It never seemed to affect your league finishes.

Trust us - towards the end of his tenure, it really, really did. He built a very good side in the last two seasons, but he is naturally pessimistic to the point of being detached from the situation of the game. Martinez showed what that side Moyes built was capable of with a few tweaks - before ultimately throwing it all away

Well every year between 2005-2012 he would proudly announce "this is the best squad in my time here" and on paper he was right, but then he kept bottling it in the big matches with his negativity and "happy to draw" tactics so we never made any further progress after the first few years.

I'm not being funny but in that time period, with your budget against that of the teams above you, how reasonable was it to "demand" more? It's not as easy as saying "let's just attack this lot", particularly when the opposition are better than you.
I genuinely believe the best managers see that when they have to. Mourinho has won countless trophies by spotting better teams, and making sure he's better organised than they are.

In response to the poll. Will always have a soft spot for Moyes. He lead us out of a dark time. He gave us some stability and brought in some good players. I felt in the season he left, if he'd have won the FA cup, he'd have stayed with us and built the team he wanted to. Disliked him a bit at Manure, after that cheeky bid. Felt sorry for him how badly he was treated by Manure. Still we have moved on. I wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back