Sunderland v Everton. Monday 22nd November @ 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very even first half. Let's get the subs on early second half and give it a real go. This is a big game for us, my hands are shaking.

If we are going to sell Johnny H. I'd advise that we quit playing him in order to keep his pricetag somewhat salvageable.

Cahill, Pienaar and Baines have been stellar. Want to see more from Coleman in the second half (it's really obvious he doesn't have a footballing education here), and well, Tets and Saha need no followup. Heitinga unfortunate to be booked, otherwise a decent presence.

We've proven we're better than what we've shown the last 10 minutes.
I say Arteta off, Billy on. Think Saha has something left though.

Thing with Arteta and Heitinga is more often or not when i see them Heitinga is about 5 yards more advanced than Arteta.

Arteta sitting deepest but not picking the ball up to start attacks, Heitinga more advanced but barely joins in attacks.

Just doesn't seem right, Johnny should sit in front of the defence as a proper dm, and Arteta can roam around in the middle of the pitch.

Can't believe Pienaar just started coming central off the wing again, why does he keep doing that eh damon? Whoever the commentator is he reckoned he must of had instructions from Moyes, fancy that huh!

People say Saha is playing crap but i don't think we've played a ball into his feet yet, and if Baines cross had gone far post he would of met it rather than Cahill.

Aside from the spell where they scored and we shat our pants for a bit it hasn't been too bad, had some chances, come close.

The first half an hour was a shameful performnace, utterly clueless and no shape or drive.

Thankfully we got our heads screwed on in the last 15 minutes and got on top.

Heitinga off for Rodwell. Immediately. Yakubu on as well but Dave will probably dither around for 20 minutes first.

Cahill, Pienaar and Baines have been stellar. Want to see more from Coleman in the second half (it's really obvious he doesn't have a footballing education here), and well, Tets and Saha need no followup. Heitinga unfortunate to be booked, otherwise a decent presence.

We've proven we're better than what we've shown the last 10 minutes.
I say Arteta off, Billy on. Think Saha has something left though.

Think keep Arteta on for 10minutes. See if it changes then give Billy 35minutes.

Yak on too.

This is the performance of a team that is bereft of confidence and self-belief.

I would not change anyone. Moyes needs to give them the hairdryer treatment and lift the whole team - make them look like they're up for a fight. It's about the whole team digging in together. It's not about individuals.

Thing with Arteta and Heitinga is more often or not when i see them Heitinga is about 5 yards more advanced than Arteta.

Arteta sitting deepest but not picking the ball up to start attacks, Heitinga more advanced but barely joins in attacks.

Just doesn't seem right, Johnny should sit in front of the defence as a proper dm, and Arteta can roam around in the middle of the pitch.

Can't believe Pienaar just started coming central off the wing again, why does he keep doing that eh damon? Whoever the commentator is he reckoned he must of had instructions from Moyes, fancy that huh!

People say Saha is playing crap but i don't think we've played a ball into his feet yet, and if Baines cross had gone far post he would of met it rather than Cahill.

Aside from the spell where they scored and we shat our pants for a bit it hasn't been too bad, had some chances, come close.

Well he's not getting into the right positions mate. He's supposed to be a class act, and he's shown it at Everton during the start of his career, but at the moment he's not showing it at all.

Yak was playing well before I went on holiday, so what happened? Did he say Moyes wasn't Strawberry Blonde!

The team is basically like this most of that 1st half....

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Coleman Heitinga Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Saha​

We're defending against their 4 midifelders and 2 attackers and they're hunting every ball down. We are plodding and being very slow having no space to pass and hoofing it to Cahill who's losing more than he's winning.

Saying that...Cahill, playing as the MAIN EFFIN STRIKER has been great. Pienaar and Baines opening them up and pointing out how bad they are at set pieces.

Bardsley has Coleman's number big time.

Arteta...what's up with him? Looks injured, slow, a bit all over the show. I think he and Heitinga need help in the middle of the park. But being as Cahill is the main striker today, we're a man down in the middle.

Reason being...Saha...FFS he's done nothing! We really need 5 in midfield today and its not happened.

Can see them doing us on the break 2nd half to be honest. Pull us in, then open us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back