Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I warned against this at the weekend. Heard last week feelers had gone out at 450 mill and been turned down, they may have come back at 500mill.

The Devil is in the detail, but I’d have massive concerns about going into American ownership, nothing to do with nationality more about how they apply their investment and manage clubs.

Your'e mad to be this blinkered.

THey have even asset stripped Burnley fgs and they do not have the likes of DCL,Rich,Pickford and Bramley moore. New owners could buy the club, put all the debt back on to the club and sell the assets and trouser the cash. Mosh, for all his faults has done the complete opposite. Like I said...be careful what you wish for. There is very common American busniess model all over the world where they buy companies, strip the assests and the companies fold. I am shocked you are so naive

No one is saying it WLL happen but it is a disctinct possibilty and certainly worse than what we have now
We only have 3 players worth anything so they better get a move on if they want to “asset strip”. When was the last time Everton made money/broke even?

We only have 3 players worth anything so they better get a move on if they want to “asset strip”. When was the last time Everton made money/broke even?

We are a pemier league club, with Goodison, Bramley moore site, and a squad (no matter how poor) still worth hundreds of millions. Like I said, they have ruined Burnley, Sunderland and the like. all of whom had far less to offer than we do

In September 2021, George Soros, Hungarian-Born American investor and philanthropist, criticized Thornton in a The Wall Street Journal opinion editorial, saying that Thornton's work to funnel U.S. investment dollars to China "imperils the national security interests of the U.S. and other democracies because the money invested in China will help prop up President Xi's regime, which is repressive at home and aggressive abroad"

He sounds great.

Not sure about Soros as a bastion? Hmmm

We are a pemier league club, with Goodison, Bramley moore site, and a squad (no matter how poor) still worth hundreds of millions. Like I said, they have ruined Burnley, Sunderland and the like. all of whom had far less to offer than we do
Oh mate I don’t doubt it, but I’m just curious how anyone would plan to make money off us. Goodison can’t be worth much, BM is a building site and we have a squad of high earners who don’t wanna leave coz nobody will pay what they are on here. The situation is pretty dire as it is.

I think three things are already clear now that this development has been reported.

1. Moshiri and Kenwright have utterly failed and need to go.
2. Moshiri knows that he needs to go - for financial reasons - and is open to selling.
3. This particular American consortium does not pass the smell test with their links to Trump, Bannon, and iffy Chinese activities.

So, as far as I am concerned, I can't see this one going through (not enough in it for Moshiri) and I wouldn't want it to go through. If we must have utterly unsavoury owners, they could at least be preposterously rich and should be willing to splurge a la Man City or Chelsea. Otherwise, no point in being asset stripped by Trump's mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back