Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been covered, but Matt Law reckons that this Kaminski is the man providing the funding, yet the thing I just read said that his net worth is only £50 million??

So we are definitely looking at a Man Utd/Burnley style buy-out, where tye debt is transferred onto the club here aren't we?

Would be very surprised if they were not involved either in terms of structuring and (being paid to) market the loan to their institutional clients to be fair. Probably a number of banks appointed to this type of agency work and solicit the best rate/terms we can get.

If that turned into a wider interest on their part, this must be a wider property play. It‘s not inconceivable that Terry’s timber etc may also be getting offers they can’t refuse off the back of it and there will be a lot more development a lot more quickly in the environs of BMD. Speculative property play in a downturn, one of the oldest tricks out there.

Given the funds they run are big real estate players, that would make a lot of sense.

The name of the game is growing asset value. The weak pound helps too. Not a lot of places to hide money in the US currently as well, but a big opportunity in the UK.

Apologies if this has been covered, but Matt Law reckons that this Kaminski is the man providing the funding, yet the thing I just read said that his net worth is only £50 million??

So we are definitely looking at a Man Utd/Burnley style buy-out, where tye debt is transferred onto the club here aren't we?

Where has it got his net wealth at 50m mate?

Seems to be a goer then. Can’t lie, am really troubled by it.

Even if we don’t want to focus on the links to very disgusting people, and I mean, that’s still a massive no-no for me, do worry about what they’ll do with the stadium (Moshiri/club was going to own it, but who knows now)

They may invest, but really how much? There’s no indication to what sort of cash they have. That’s always worrying.

How will they make a quick buck after putting a billion pound down? If they do make money, it won’t be quick, and it will be from the sale of the club, just like Moshiri has done. The club would have to be in an attractive state to sell it for more than one billion.
Cos it isn't that simple...

Hopefully someone else swoops in, bad feeling about these guys

Will end in tears, 100% bad vibes
What vibes was moshiri giving you? He's taken us to the brink. Both financially and in terms of our league status. Do you think next season under his ownership will be any better?

These guys might be just as bad, or they might be better. All I know is we can't continue under moshiri.

Wonder if their game plan will be not to bother buying anyone for us but instead to spend billions buying players for all the other teams with the intention of stopping Liverpool winning anything.

Seen that strategy used by america a few times.
lol lol what?

Is there talk of exclusivity, or is it just saying the initial terms agreed subject to diligence on either side?

If it's the latter, theres plenty to go, and it could be being used as a tool to see if any other buyer wants to firm up.

Period of exclusivity mate.

Moving forward VERY quickly it seems...

Im surprised no one at board level has commented / resigned in protest lol

How will they make a quick buck after putting a billion pound down? If they do make money, it won’t be quick, and it will be from the sale of the club, just like Moshiri has done. The club would have to be in an attractive state to sell it for more than one billion.

I dont think its Everton they are buying into, (I have doubts they actually are fwiw), its the exposure to the likely explosion in TV rights for the PL. In my opinion. Think about it. Currently the PL get chunks of broadcast revenue from broadcasters. So what if the PL kept the broadcast rights themselves? Kinda Netflix on acid.

Would you pay £10 per month to watch any PL match? I would. Lob in the global reach the PL has, so say 100 million folk paying £10 pm.......Most of which goes to the clubs. Thats a billion a month, (I think).

What's the difference between Heads of Terms agreement and an Exclusivity agreement? Serious question

Seems to be a goer then. Can’t lie, am really troubled by it.

Even if we don’t want to focus on the links to very disgusting people, and I mean, that’s still a massive no-no for me, do worry about what they’ll do with the stadium (Moshiri/club was going to own it, but who knows now)

They may invest, but really how much? There’s no indication to what sort of cash they have. That’s always worrying.

Yeah it is worrying, especially because we know so little, apart from the shady creeps involved in it. (Yeah yeah i know, we just got rid of a Putin supporter and have got a new betting sponsor on board... sigh) but there has to be a line somewhere surely. Unless Football has really gone and we're not even the only 'People's club'. ...

anyway...one thing I don't understand from what you say - and how it works in other clubs - is how to these people make money off us, if their plan is to use it as a debt vehicle, or NOT invest in it. If they are buying Everton, and see that we almost just got releageted, they need to at least protect the PL status, if not go for a real success. You'd assume that a 'safe investment' is a lower quality version of what Arsenal got into a few years ago - preserving a 'top 6' status just to bring in decent money and tread water. the height of ambition might be to preserve our PL status .

What vibes was moshiri giving you? He's taken us to the brink. Both financially and in terms of our league status. Do you think next season under his ownership will be any better?

These guys might be just as bad, or they might be better. All I know is we can't continue under moshiri.

Well for one Moshiri was a verified Billionaire.

These pair are shrouded in mystery and one of them has a reported net worth of less than Bill Kenwright.

What could possibly go wrong !

Not got the best feeling about these lids, but I’m also confident that Moshiri especially without Usmanovs backing, would see us relegated sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.