Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to sound like the negative get, I probably am. But can't help but feel weary of a "rich Arab owner" taking us over and actually being a fraud :lol:

That would be Everton that.

Also, find it very interesting that now Everton are actually for sale, we're finding no trouble getting wealthy owners! Everton that again!

the Iranian is worth less than Philip Greene & buttons compared to Maktoum

He's worth £1.3 billion, which makes him 43 times richer than Kenwright & £200m richer than John W Henry. It means he's in the top 10 richest owners in the country.

There will always be someone richer than who we get, but a billionaire willing to invest some of his wealth will make an amazing difference to our club after no investment for years.

Green never invested a penny. No point being super duper rich if you're just gonna sit on shares and not invest capital to grow the club (see Earl, Robert too). Lord Granchester is a billionaire and was on the board for years and he never invested a penny either.

Thing for me is that we need revolution not evolution. Keeping Kenwright on in some role would only see the chances of the likes of Elstone and Martinez staying on and little changing other than the name of the owner.

I want a wealthy owner coming in who will make the big decisions and be ruthless with his expectations. The mid table everton cant carry on for me both on and off the pitch.

43402-Minions-cheering-gif-OrI5.gif

Don't want to sound like the negative get, I probably am. But can't help but feel weary of a "rich Arab owner" taking us over and actually being a fraud lol

That would be Everton that.

Also, find it very interesting that now Everton are actually for sale, we're finding no trouble getting wealthy owners! Everton that again!

He's not a fraud, he'd owned 15% of Arsenal since 2007. He bought his shares off David Dein, who is one of Kenwright's best mates and probably who made the link.

I hope Kenwright does stay on, like a Charlton or Sir Alex type figure at United, we need someone who has been around the club for years and with the clubs main interest to be around the club. Not running the place and not making all the calls dealing with day to day pressure, but a close connection between the club we know and the new owners, or we could just become souless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back