Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These words about 'imminent' and 'in a few days' = wriggle room for when the whole thing comes crashing down.

The press are all cannibalising each others stuff at the moment and there's hardly anything of substance in it. IMO there's still an awful lot of 2+2=5 going on and it's not going be as simple as shareholder in one PL club sells up > buys shares in other PL club.

If it's imminent how does that happen if due diligence would no doubt have to be gone through?
M&N exclusivity deal ended a few weeks ago didn't it? Given Moshiri has been involved in the premier league for a number of years he might have better links to sources/info to complete due dilligence faster than American investors coming into the situation with little experience either of football/Uk practices. Especially as Moshiri is an accountant by trade, perhaps even looked at Everton in the past?

Stuff has been going on between folk for a good while longer, and in private?
I thought the Moores due dilligence would discount any previous scrutiny and successful conclusion to it, and that any new interest would have to forensically examine the club.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...reholder-set-to-takeover-Everton-in-200m-deal

Paul Joyce in the Express is running a story now saying that it's Kenwrights, Woods, Earl & Granchesters shares that are being sold.

Kenwright will stay on as chairman.

Make no mistake if the club is sold and Bill stays on as "Chairman" it will be a powerless position and only serve as a transitional figure head. You don't pay for a new club and let the owner you just bought out have final say.

I just wonder about the logistics of it. Admittedly I have no idea about business practice, but it seems a bit too rapid a progress. If the news is to be that Moshiri and Co. will be given exclusivity to look at the club and make an offer then ok. But a completer takeover in days?! Someone would have to explain that to me.

It's been a month since the Americans exclusivity time finished and it has always been mentioned that there are other interested parties so he could have already done due diligence.

Seeing as Moshiri has sold his Arsenal shares I'd imagine anything to do with him would happen pretty quickly.

I just wonder about the logistics of it. Admittedly I have no idea about business practice, but it seems a bit too rapid a progress. If the news is to be that Moshiri and Co. will be given exclusivity to look at the club and make an offer then ok. But a completer takeover in days?! Someone would have to explain that to me.

918534-conman.gif

M&N exclusivity deal ended a few weeks ago didn't it? Given Moshiri has been involved in the premier league for a number of years he might have better links to sources/info to complete due dilligence faster than American investors coming into the situation with little experience either of football/Uk practices. Especially as Moshiri is an accountant by trade, perhaps even looked at Everton in the past?
...they might move in the same circles as a certain tax evading clothing magnate and taking his assurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back