Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri has bought 49.9%, and it will be interesting to know how much he paid in the coming days. There's a lot ahead for Evertonians, potentially leaving Goodison Park, which we seem to all agree is inevitably required, but will be emotional. I don't think Everton will ever lose their soul though, in fact that I am assured of. Just won't.

Moshiri has bought 49.9%, and it will be interesting to know how much he paid in the coming days. There's a lot ahead for Evertonians, potentially leaving Goodison Park, which we seem to all agree is inevitably required, but will be emotional. I don't think Everton will ever lose their soul though, in fact that I am assured of. Just won't.

I'd beg to differ, i'd say most blues would prefer to see the old lady redeveloped (might i suggest making a poll :p )

So from what I can gather, Kenwright remains as the chairman but Moshiri is now the majority shareholder. Suggests to me that he doesn't want to own us, but wants to maximize any profits we make in the near future. Wonder how much influence he will have on everything, and indeed whose shares he's just bought. Little perplexed by this and can't decide whether its a good thing or not.

To me it sounds more like he doesn't want to be a chairman of a football club - he was Usmanov's business partner and it was him who was challenging Kroneke not Moshiri.

And from what I've heard the reason why he sold his shares in Arsenal was that he didn't like the way his money was being used.

So, to me, it seems more like he wants to invest in a club on his own terms but not actually run one.

And also, if he wanted to make money he would've stayed at Arsenal and increased his share bit by bit. End of the day, he held less shares in Arsenal than Everton and sold them to pretty much take over another football club.

This seems to hopefully be the ideal scenario. The guy has been involved in football and has decided to venture out on his own to a less weathly club. If he'd stayed at Arsenal, he'd make more money.

So his motives seems the right ones

So how many seats do we want ? Forget 55/60k lets go for 86k lol. We can fill the spare seats with mannequins (typical efc) until we slowly take over Europe and the media.

To me it sounds more like he doesn't want to be a chairman of a football club - he was Usmanov's business partner and it was him who was challenging Kroneke not Moshiri.

And from what I've heard the reason why he sold his shares in Arsenal was that he didn't like the way his money was being used.

So, to me, it seems more like he wants to invest in a club on his own terms but not actually run one.

And also, if he wanted to make money he would've stayed at Arsenal and increased his share bit by bit. End of the day, he held less shares in Arsenal than Everton and sold them to pretty much take over another football club.

This seems to hopefully be the ideal scenario. The guy has been involved in football and has decided to venture out on his own to a less weathly club. If he'd stayed at Arsenal, he'd make more money.

So his motives seems the right ones

Disagree his motives would be sound if we had another savvy businessman/billionaire alongside him operating at the helm, sadly we still have Kenwright as chairman.

Disagree his motives would be sound if we had another savvy businessman/billionaire alongside him operating at the helm, sadly we still have Kenwright as chairman.

Again, my thoughts is that Bill has zero say in the financial side of the club now. All he'll do is run the club from a football stand point - ie managers, staff, etc.

Moshiri should be just the bloke who brings investment to the business side - commercial, the stadium, sponsorship, marketing, - as well as signing off the transfer fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back