Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Raducanu is an English name?

We don't won't immigrants.

(unless they're good at Tennis)

The absolute state of the place.
I think she should be playing for Canada really. But tennis has always been more of an individual sport. Navratilova used to represent the United States lol lol

(For all the stick Greg Rusedski got, at least his mother was English! I wonder if he would have been more popular if he was called, say, Greg Johnson?)

I think she should be playing for Canada really. But tennis has always been more of an individual sport. Navratilova used to represent the United States lol lol

(For all the stick Greg Rusedski got, at least his mother was English! I wonder if he would have been more popular if he was called, say, Greg Johnson?)
Johanna Konta representing England I found rather odd.

Absolutely, if she feels like she wants to represent England/GB as she has spent a fair proportion of her time growing up here, who are we to say otherwise.

Just laughable the front page of the paper is hammering on about Immigrants (again) let lauding another because she's representing the UK.

Absolute rats.

Johanna Konta representing England I found rather odd.
Most of them do it for the dough. While Japan and the US are the most lucrative, the UK also gives you plenty of sponsorship cash and development support. The downside is the modern professionals do not seem to have the same love for their sports as the amateurs did back when you actually had to work for a living!

Absolutely, if she feels like she wants to represent England/GB as she has spent a fair proportion of her time growing up here, who are we to say otherwise.

Just laughable the front page of the paper is hammering on about Immigrants (again) let lauding another because she's representing the UK.

Absolute rats.
All things being equal, I think she would probably choose Romania. But it isn’t a very lucrative market.

If I was born in Canada to Romanian and Chinese parents but lived in the U.K. since the age of 3 (15 years in total) I reckon I’d identify as British or at least part British. That said… with no experience of being in that position (or similar) it’s a bit of a silly thing for me to assume.

Anyway, I cheered for Rusedski when I was younger so no probs cheering for Raducanu

Just replaced my racquet after a great 25 years. Handle was disintegrating Absolutely killing the ball with my new racquet—should have made the change years ago

What did you get out of interest ?

got a new racquet in December myself.. decided to listen to advice and got it strung at 54lbs.. came back to Bots and the ball was ballooning out the court.. restrung eventually at 57 and had a few hits tonight.. awesome. Apparently low tension in Bots is a bad idea.

..except I knocked around with a dude who moved to Bots at the same time I did and happened to go to a tennis academy in the States as a teen.. you now you are rubbish when you play someone who has at one time tried to see if he could go pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back