Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you get out of interest ?

got a new racquet in December myself.. decided to listen to advice and got it strung at 54lbs.. came back to Bots and the ball was ballooning out the court.. restrung eventually at 57 and had a few hits tonight.. awesome. Apparently low tension in Bots is a bad idea.

..except I knocked around with a dude who moved to Bots at the same time I did and happened to go to a tennis academy in the States as a teen.. you now you are rubbish when you play someone who has at one time tried to see if he could go pro.
I replaced my old Wilson Prostaff with a Babolat. It’s quite a bit lighter so I picked up some grip tape just in case but I haven’t felt the need to add any more weight.
Volleying has improved dramatically.
Was surprisingly difficult to say goodbye to the old racquet—played all my competitive matches with that one

I replaced my old Wilson Prostaff with a Babolat. It’s quite a bit lighter so I picked up some grip tape just in case but I haven’t felt the need to add any more weight.
Volleying has improved dramatically.
Was surprisingly difficult to say goodbye to the old racquet—played all my competitive matches with that one
Got the Babolat aero myself.. just felt really good in my hand… 25 years.. technology must have moved mountains.. the new aero they say is far superior to the one even a couple years ago.. can’t imagine racquets going back that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back