Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a criticism of the individual. I'm pointing out that she's not being presented as she is: a product of open borders.

The BBC are determined not to acknowledge that, cowed as they are by the Tory corporate-fascists who control their fate.

This girl is Canadian-born and Romanian/Chinese every bit as much (probably more that) she is British.
Her surname aint Smith

pretty obvious that with a surname like raducanu she has a romanian father and i would have guessed based on her looks that she was half chinese as well

the most surprising thing was when i found out she was born in Canada

Her surname aint Smith

pretty obvious that with a surname like raducanu she has a romanian father and i would have guessed based on her looks that she was half chinese as well

I dont see why this is even a discussion anymore.

I work with a few people with names that aren't remotely English, Csullag Haslam Sitole, but they are the most English people you'll meet.

It's not a criticism of the individual. I'm pointing out that she's not being presented as she is: a product of open borders.

The BBC are determined not to acknowledge that, cowed as they are by the Tory corporate-fascists who control their fate.

This girl is Canadian-born and Romanian/Chinese every bit as much (probably more that) she is British.
It doesn't matter. Why does the BBC have to tell their viewers about her place of birth? Ted Dexter was born in Italy.

Cliff Richard and Colin Cowdrey were born in India and I didn't find that out from the BBC.

We can get all that from Wikipedia.

I'll tell you what, she sounds very English.

Her surname aint Smith

I'm not surprised you were surpruised...the BBC wont tell you.

They want to claim her as some Home Counties local girl.

She's as English as Virginia Wade was.

She is. Raducanu didn't drape herself in Union flags and then vote for Scottish independence. The horrible rat hypocrite.
I've no time for that cry baby either, tbh.

Radanucu is great example of multi-cultural Britain. I hope she wins just so the Brexiteer gammons' heads explode.

He is still some way ahead of the pack. Zverev has it all - almost. He just couldn't sustain his quality over a 5 set GS distance match.

Medvedev will get the same treatment tomorrow. When it matters in GS matches against Novak he is well beaten.

Djokovic gets nothing like the credit he deserves. He is about to confirm he's the GOAT...and he'll go on to win about 25 GS titles before retiring.

But he's a Serb and proud of it, and that makes him not as acceptable as Nadal or Federer.
He is clearly the best male player that has played the game, and his stats will be pretty damn hard to beat. However the guy just comes across as a tool and unlikable. Don't care where he is from. I just can't warm to him at all. Admire his talent, and achievements. But infant ever think I have ever watched a game of his and routed for him.

He is clearly the best male player that has played the game, and his stats will be pretty damn hard to beat. However the guy just comes across as a tool and unlikable. Don't care where he is from. I just can't warm to him at all. Admire his talent, and achievements. But infant ever think I have ever watched a game of his and routed for him.
I'm neutral on him. Federer is the worst, though. A potato-nosed royalist arselicker who cries like a 'kin baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back