Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novak is still the King, but I think the rest of the pack is inching closer to him. So much of his game is based around his speed and athleticism it has to start to wane at some point. I think that in a couple of years time his level may fall noticeable that he's seen as beatable. Mind you, he'll probably have 25 or 26 slams by then including the 2021 calendar slam..

I'm confused. Don't you have to win all four major tournaments in the same year to have done the Grand Slam?

Djokovic didn't win the French, did he?

Amazing that in all the hoopla over Raducanu that the BBC said f.a. about the girl being a Canadian-born child of two immigrants from Romania and China.

Novak is still the King, but I think the rest of the pack is inching closer to him. So much of his game is based around his speed and athleticism it has to start to wane at some point. I think that in a couple of years time his level may fall noticeable that he's seen as beatable. Mind you, he'll probably have 25 or 26 slams by then including the 2021 calendar slam..
He is still some way ahead of the pack. Zverev has it all - almost. He just couldn't sustain his quality over a 5 set GS distance match.

Medvedev will get the same treatment tomorrow. When it matters in GS matches against Novak he is well beaten.

Djokovic gets nothing like the credit he deserves. He is about to confirm he's the GOAT...and he'll go on to win about 25 GS titles before retiring.

But he's a Serb and proud of it, and that makes him not as acceptable as Nadal or Federer.

I'm confused. Don't you have to win all four major tournaments in the same year to have done the Grand Slam?

Djokovic didn't win the French, did he?
He did win the French. He beat Tsitsipas in 5 sets in the final. It would be quite remarkable for the TV and other media to be going on about him going for the calendar year Grand Slam and have none of them checking that it was true.

Exactly and it won’t be about the others getting to his level.. it’s about his peak waning enough so that he drops to their level. Unless this Carlos, Felix or Shapovalov come really good we have seen the best of men’s tennis we will see for a few years at least.

He did win the French. He beat Tsitsipas in 5 sets in the final. It would be quite remarkable for the TV and other media to be going on about him going for the calendar year Grand Slam and have none of them checking that it was true.
I must've been thinking of the Olympics. I remember it was a shock when he got knocked out of something.

He is still some way ahead of the pack. Zverev has it all - almost. He just couldn't sustain his quality over a 5 set GS distance match.

Medvedev will get the same treatment tomorrow. When it matters in GS matches against Novak he is well beaten.

Djokovic gets nothing like the credit he deserves. He is about to confirm he's the GOAT...and he'll go on to win about 25 GS titles before retiring.

But he's a Serb and proud of it, and that makes him not as acceptable as Nadal or Federer.
No comments on his massively anti vaccine stand then Dave no?

Amazing that in all the hoopla over Raducanu that the BBC said f.a. about the girl being a Canadian-born child of two immigrants from Romania and China.
So what? We've got hundreds of people who are successful in their field here in Australia who weren't born here. An awful lot
of them who were brought here by their parents when they were little kids and are proud Australians.

I bet you've got plenty of them in Britain, too.

So what? We've got hundreds of people who are successful in their field here in Australia who weren't born here. An awful lot
of them who were brought here by their parents when they were little kids and are proud Australians.

I bet you've got plenty of them in Britain, too.
It's not a criticism of the individual. I'm pointing out that she's not being presented as she is: a product of open borders.

The BBC are determined not to acknowledge that, cowed as they are by the Tory corporate-fascists who control their fate.

This girl is Canadian-born and Romanian/Chinese every bit as much (probably more that) she is British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back