Thank you fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic.

My brother was diagnosed with cancer in June of last year. He started chemo and was home all the time resting, so I started getting him involved in following the Toffees. I stated to regret it, like this poor [Poor language removed] is vomiting and his hair is falling out and now I’ve subjected him to following this miserable relegation side and watching them sleepwalk through a beat down every week with this miserable [Poor language removed] coach. Well, he’s gone back to work, his hair has grown back, he looks better than he did beforehand, he’s healthy, and he has an Everton scarf hanging over his TV with the Boston Red Sox and Pittsburgh Steelers swag (which puzzles his friends, wtf is this?) He lives a few hours away, we were FaceTiming during the second half, we watched Richy pick Azpi’s pocket and slot it home, pick up the flare and heave it, Pickford flying across goal like Superman, then back again to block with his face from two yards away, Mina dominating in front of goal and winding them up, everyone pressing and fighting for second balls like their lives depended on it, and above all the crowd a foot away from the action going mental, bear pit, champions of Europe wilting under the barrage, peach sweater guy make a fetus out of the ball to run down the clock (one of youze I hope) and I said - this is what I fell in love with, tuning in out of curiosity to watch this team with a couple Yanks on it, in a sport I little understood at the time, bottle feeding my baby daughter at 7 am on weekends while my wife slept- and I started caring about it more than the teams in the American sports I grew up with-

and he was like, you don’t have to tell me, I get it now.

not.
going.
down.

because of you.

Can’t wait to get there next season.

11CC35F5-FF85-45C6-AAD0-B5F00FE70154.webp

Right in the mix with the kids today - absolutely unreal blues, brilliant support before during and after the game.

5 more cup finals - more please blues, both the fans and the players.

Fantastic.

My brother was diagnosed with cancer in June of last year. He started chemo and was home all the time resting, so I started getting him involved in following the Toffees. I stated to regret it, like this poor [Poor language removed] is vomiting and his hair is falling out and now I’ve subjected him to following this miserable relegation side and watching them sleepwalk through a beat down every week with this miserable [Poor language removed] coach. Well, he’s gone back to work, his hair has grown back, he looks better than he did beforehand, he’s healthy, and he has an Everton scarf hanging over his TV with the Boston Red Sox and Pittsburgh Steelers swag (which puzzles his friends, wtf is this?) He lives a few hours away, we were FaceTiming during the second half, we watched Richy pick Azpi’s pocket and slot it home, pick up the flare and heave it, Pickford flying across goal like Superman, then back again to block with his face from two yards away, Mina dominating in front of goal and winding them up, everyone pressing and fighting for second balls like their lives depended on it, and above all the crowd a foot away from the action going mental, bear pit, champions of Europe wilting under the barrage, peach sweater guy make a fetus out of the ball to run down the clock (one of youze I hope) and I said - this is what I fell in love with, tuning in out of curiosity to watch this team with a couple Yanks on it, in a sport I little understood at the time, bottle feeding my baby daughter at 7 am on weekends while my wife slept- and I started caring about it more than the teams in the American sports I grew up with-

not.
going.
down.

because of you.

Glad to hear your brother is doing better now pal.

The fans, to a man and to a woman, were magnificent.

As Tuchel said yesterday: we Evertonians were like a twelfth man and any team in world football would have found it hard to get a result at Goodison.

It just goes to show that we fans can make a huge difference, either for the better or for the worse. As hopeless as Benitez was, the toxic and atmosphere at Goodison during his tenure damaged player morale and undoubtedly lost us points.

Tomorrow's headline in the echo

Richarlson throws blue flame at toddler in Liverpool kit then goes down holding his shoulder
Somehow That flare will have hurt that Alsatian dog that was being held over the crowd, the courts and th emedia, part primed by Zouma’s treatment of his daughters cat will come after Richy and give him a lifetime ban like they did with Tony Kay.

Fantastic.

not.
going.
down.

because of you.

Great post mate, I hope your brother stays free from that disease now he has beaten it and that you both get to see the blues live and know the elation of seeing us lift a trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back