Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also stupid imo. In purely political terms it has given people a very big stick to whack the Tories with, for not a great deal of actual money raised/saved.

And it is also so unimportant in the context of benefit and welfare reform. Like, so what if a grandmother has a spare room in a house she has lived in 30 years? Never really understood why they bothered.

Some will say spite I guess. Muddled thinking/dogma is probably closer.

It helps to force people out of homes that are considered too big for the amount of tenants currently residing in he house at that time.

They then give it to a 25 year old sket called Lambrini with her 5 kids to 5 dads having never gotten off her big behind to work but constantly changing positions with every tom [Poor language removed] and harry in the bedroom.

Not all people are like that but if you have kids - pay for them. There are other reasons for bedroom tax too i think......

Agreed. Sorry have you mistaken me for someone who will be voting conservative?

No, apologies if you thought so. I was just making the point which thankfully you agree on :)

30,000 people have had to move as a result of the "bedroom tax" for minimal savings to the welfare budget in cash terms, but no doubt huge cost in resource terms to social workers and local authority staff.

I think it's genuinely hilarious watching the rich panic about having to pay an extra £250 a month because they live in a £2m+ house. Their "driving little old grannies out of their homes" line is perhaps the best.

Then the joke is on you as the 'rich' are not panicking, far from it, they just naturally oppose it. You clearly don't understand it so i will leave you to your misplaced hilarity.

No, apologies if you thought so. I was just making the point which thankfully you agree on :)

30,000 people have had to move as a result of the "bedroom tax" for minimal savings to the welfare budget in cash terms, but no doubt huge cost in resource terms to social workers and local authority staff.

I have no affiliation to any political party and nor would i ever blindly support one. My points revolve around the fact that they are all as bad as each other, you attack the tories for this, there is a counter argument for something stupid or disgraceful Labour and the lib dems have done, same goes for all the leaders.

Its depressing and it needs changing.

CCLkQTiWMAAhdan.jpg:large

You know it's desperate time when the right wing gutter-press are running with this stuff

That Mail piece reads like self-parody. Absolutely pathetic horsewank non-story.

Anyway, they've been telling us for years how much of a nerd and weirdo Ed is supposed to be. If that were true, how come he used to get so much gash?

This just makes him seem more human.

That Mail piece reads like self-parody. Absolutely pathetic horsewank non-story.

Anyway, they've been telling us for years how much of a nerd and weirdo Ed is supposed to be. If that were true, how come he used to get so much gash?

This just makes him seem more human.

I know yeah - a nerd and a player. Go 'ed Ed.

I have no affiliation to any political party and nor would i ever blindly support one. My points revolve around the fact that they are all as bad as each other, you attack the tories for this, there is a counter argument for something stupid or disgraceful Labour and the lib dems have done, same goes for all the leaders.

Its depressing and it needs changing.

Each to their own mate!

An opinion on formed on what i have seen and read about Ed Miliband. I'm stunned he was elected leader of the party and i have no idea why you think he has a level of decency above Cameron or Clegg? Where does this decency come from and how do you know? I don't see any of the things you see in him, all i see is hot air.

[Miliband] genuinely wants whats best for the people of this country

You answered your own question earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back