Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot wrong with the council tax, and I think more banding might be a good idea, but a posh studio flat in London is probably worth more than a four or five bed place with an acre of land in quite a few parts of the country.
That's a good point , but we live in regions so the bands of higher property should carry on from band G - The rich have been laughing all the way with a band that never goes up so in theory the mansion tax may just mean a group,of higher council tax bands no problem in my eyes!

The council tax bands need moving to a higher plane for houses over 1 5 million - to the maximum height its rediculous that a posh studio flat in London pays the same council tax of a mansion with an acre of land!

Why ? The acre of land doesn't get supported by council services and that is what council tax is supposed to be about. Personally I think all houses of whatever size/value should pay the same council tax........

Given the dire nature of the posturing so far, I'm surprised the Tories didn't make more of Ed Balls' brother being a very wealthy head of Pimco, one of the most active hedge funds dealing in government bonds. Not that it matters in the slightest of course. Maybe it's good that they haven't resorted to that, their attacks on Milliband have been bad enough.

Why ? The acre of land doesn't get supported by council services and that is what council tax is supposed to be about. Personally I think all houses of whatever size/value should pay the same council tax........
Talking about the acre including swimming pools etc, the council tax bands at this level do need revising upwards!
It's an old system that the really rich have been getting away with for ages!

Bedroom tax is a disgrace and has driven a large number of poor people out of their homes they've been in for decades.

Not only that, benefit capping has displaced lots of already vulnerable people such as refugees who, no longer able to afford living in their own London communities, are dispersed amongst potentially hostile provincial towns which are simply not geared up to support them in their needs.

tumblr_lrohxpMkEa1r2wzy8o1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back