Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it was intended to stop the wealth gap from widening. It will not, as the issue of the wealth gap is that the very very rich are getting even richer. Having over £350,000 in assets does not make you wealthy. The average house price is £272,000. So "Yeah, ok!".

When you're dead, you don't have anything other than your legacy.

To use it in a manner which prevents the wealth gap widening.

Many parents die at an age when their children are of an age that they should be fending for themselves. I know that I'd rather my folks spent the lot and enjoyed it, rather than worrying about what to leave their kids.

As would I, but frankly what anyone else chooses to do is none of our, nor anyone elses, business.

And rightly so, I'd rather have a government that is prepared to take the bad publicity (and it has been very bad for them) but keep open an avenue of help for those that need it, than one who would keep it hidden in order to stop themselves looking bad, that is where the shame in this should lie.

Would you rather have a government who issue mass sanctions and delays on benefits causing the unprecedented rise in food bank use, though?

37_IB_700.png

It amazes me that so many people are suckered into aspiring to be at the upper end of the wealth scale when the reality is they're being played for the benefit of those who are in that top 20%. What is it that makes the masses who genuinely do have the power to change things ignore the plight of those in the bottom 20%? Selfishness? Greed? Fear?

Looks like you're stuck in a "fixed" mindset, Bruce.

Haha. I just think it's strange that a powerful government is attractive, just so long as they're doing things you agree with. I'm not sure I can agree with that, and it surely doesn't give you any grounds to then complain when that same powerful state does things you don't agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back