Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I am a staunch Labour supporter and member, I can't help feeling that the whole debate this evening, appropriately on a Thursday, was Europa League stuff..........

Watched 5 minutes of it then switched over to Wolfsburg v Napoli which was much more interesting.

1) how come there isn't a credible English version of SNP / Plaid?

2) are the SNP only so popular in Scotland because of the independence thing, or are they genuinely a good party? One wonders if they changed their name and broadened their scope, whether they could build on what they have in Scotland and become a major party across the UK.

BBC debate poll (Survation):

Miliband – 35%
Sturgeon – 31%
Farage – 27%
Bennett – 5%
Wood – 2%

Straight contest between David Cameron and Ed Miliband to be Prime Minister?:

David Cameron – 40%
Ed Miliband – 45%
Would not vote – 10%
Don’t know – 5%

...that's what happens when you bottle a debate.

The campaign chiefs in Tory HQ will be sweating like a glass blower's arse right now.

That's based on people who watched the debate, right? I'm guessing that isn't the majority of the registered voting population.

Surprised, to be honest. He'll never be a natural orator or particularly convincing debater, in my opinion, even though I rate him quite highly as a politician these days.
I'm not, tbh. I like Sturgeon, she's a good speaker and is from the left of the nationalist wing up there, but she came across as a bit of a haranguer tonight with Farage and to a lesser degree Miliband...people dont respond well to that.

Miliband had nothing to do to win other than look like the candidate most likely to win power...which was pretty easy given the absence of the bottler Cameron.

1) how come there isn't a credible English version of SNP / Plaid?

2) are the SNP only so popular in Scotland because of the independence thing, or are they genuinely a good party? One wonders if they changed their name and broadened their scope, whether they could build on what they have in Scotland and become a major party across the UK.

2) no mate. They are a let's spend very one elses money for our own benefit party. They have no idea how to generate money but are happy if the English keep the money flowing......

I don't think it is a great stetch to argue that immigration might actually have a net benefit on the NHS.

Most migrants in this country are young, healthy, economic migrants who pay taxes and don't use the NHS at all disproportionately.

Miliband – 35%
Sturgeon – 31%
Farage – 27%
Bennett – 5%
Wood – 2%

David Cameron – 40%
Ed Miliband – 45%
Would not vote – 10%
Don’t know – 5%

The campaign chiefs in Tory HQ will be sweating like a glass blower's arse right now.

I think Tory HQ will be happy. Cleggy was kept off the telly and Miss Whiplash gave Ed a bit of a thrashing..........

Given that so-called NHS tourism costs less than one fifth of 1% of the NHS budget, do you not think it is over hyped as being a big drain on the NHS?

I agree with this. The real problem with the NHS is that the people leading it are useless. Medical providers, drugs and equipment, are making a fortune and the so called NHS managers haven't a clue. I would bet my own house that I could go into the NHS and review it's spending and produce savings of 20% without any reduction in service. They are civil service type amateurs........

Miliband – 35%
Sturgeon – 31%
Farage – 27%
Bennett – 5%
Wood – 2%

David Cameron – 40%
Ed Miliband – 45%
Would not vote – 10%
Don’t know – 5%

Amazed Farage had 27% of the poll after that awful performance.

Edit - on second thoughts I suppose he is the only candidate of the right given that crazy davey bottled it, so he's the default choice despite stinking the place out and having a go at the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back