Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Social housing does help the disadvantaged. Your perception that social housing tenants live a life time of scrounging couldn't be further from the truth. Social tenants are often young people starting out in their careers but priced out of the private rental and ownership markets. A few years in social housing often gives them the opportunity to save and move into those private markets.

What a great idea removing that opportunity is.

Now how on earth did you come up with that disgraceful comment 'Your perception that social housing tenants live a life time of scrounging'.......... Like a great many from Liverpool, I grew up in a council house, so don't start throwing that stuff around........

It is toss - it is just giving her a platform, and she will not be elected in a Westminster parliament - makes no sense to me, I suspect it's a move by the Tories to knock EM down!
She is the party leader having taken over from Alex Salmond. Alex Salmond is standing for Westminster and will no doubt take over as the SNP leader in Westminster. Having Alex Salmond do all the debate would undermine his protogee Sturgeon.

Really, Blair would wipe the floor with Cameron, nothing for Blair to fear there for sure.

Strongest PM we've had since Thatcher is Blair, Cameron isn't in the same league.

As far as I'm aware these US style TV debates were something new 5 years ago.

1) Neither is Milliband.

2) for me the debates are load of dog pooh, lot said of meaningless dribble to catch attention.

It's not Scotland's fault they want the Government they vote for, not one chosen by the South East of England.

Scotland has the financial ability to survive on it's own, why should it not want out of the abusive relationship that is the Union?

Well said. I'd be wanting independence too if I was Scottish. 1 Tory seat in the country and they are ruled by Tory government.

Evidence please.

it'll mostly be anecdotal, but obviously someone can get a council house when on a low income and then go on to be earning a high wage.. buy their council house and sell it on for a profit, but seeing as there is no financial restriction on right to buy there wont be a way of proving it

You must hear it often then?

God, get a grip FFS... I was only commenting from what I see in an area that I live in... my opinion has not been influenced by a political party or a newspaper... it's literally what I see with my own eyes. You don't know anything about me you blert.

It's not Scotland's fault they want the Government they vote for, not one chosen by the South East of England.

Scotland has the financial ability to survive on it's own, why should it not want out of the abusive relationship that is the Union?

Scotland is a basket case paid for by the rest of us........

Well with the recent decline in oil prices Scotland would have been struggling with a black hole of some billions. As for the rest of your post it has been shown that Scottish people have been receiving on average some £1600 per head more than the rest of the UK citizens, not sure therefore where the abuse is.

I think fundamentally the Right to Buy scheme is a positive thing, ( I would say that, I bought my ex council house at a reduced rate years ago ), historically though the system has been flawed as the money raised by the sale of these houses has not been used to build more homes. That is the problem, available housing stock has fallen whilst the amount of people who need social housing has rapidly grown.... it doesn't take any kind of genius to work that one out.

God, get a grip FFS... I was only commenting from what I see in an area that I live in... my opinion has not been influenced by a political party or a newspaper... it's literally what I see with my own eyes. You don't know anything about me you blert.

Well, I'm sorry but your view that social housing is mainly for smack heads and 'girls who can't stop getting pregnant' is prejudiced and wrong.

Noticed how I criticised your view and didn't call you any names? That's how to debate an issue properly.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back