Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find that it is Scottish Waters and brought ashore in Scotland.
The money from this is currently paid into the UK, we only receive a portion of it back

It goes into Aberdeen because that was the nearest port. Next you will be saying the fish in the North Sea belong to Scotland!

The abuse is in the mind.......English "here have some free money".....Scot "fck off you scumbag English "............
don't be ridiculous. Would it surprise you to know I'm actually English? from the North West? I can see the differences.

yes, Scotland and the North of England get hit harder than most but now there are no votes for either colour of Tory north of the border they are reducing their spending up here even more. For a number of years before the Referendum, jobs were deliberately taken away from Scottish Industry and given to Labour, then Tory areas down south. We got the Poll Tax, Bedroom tax and most other stuff years before the rest of the UK as we're a testbed for unpopular policy. The Scottish economy already pays more into the British Economy than it gets out and it's only going to get worse unless Scotland takes control of itself. That's what the SNP is about, hopefully the rest of the the UK can wake up, get organised and offer itself a proper credible option to vote for in future

£360/week! Ouch!

Seems a lot. I thought rents were generally cheaper up north. For comparison, I live in a little market town in Somerset and you can rent a 4 bed detatched on a nice estate for £190/week here.

Fully agree with your point though.

I'm in a three bedroom semi-detached for £125 a week. £360 a week up here would get something better than a four bedroom terraced ex-council house...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-50839442.html

It goes into Aberdeen because that was the nearest port. Next you will be saying the fish in the North Sea belong to Scotland!
no, I think you will find that the North Sea is already divided up into areas, some of which English Authorities control, some of which Scotland Authorities control.

Maybe I'm just a bit bitter because me and my girlfriend have had to save hard for a house deposit and you just see some people getting everything for nothing. I do realise I come across as a bit ignorant, but I do believe the most vulnerable in society should be protected... that is what the welfare system should be about. I just feel a hell of a lot of people exploit it.

It's really difficult. That's were more, cheaper housing comes into it. I do think that the exploitation aspect is over exaggerated by the press though. It isn't a particularly good life style is it?

don't be ridiculous. Would it surprise you to know I'm actually English? from the North West? I can see the differences.

yes, Scotland and the North of England get hit harder than most but now there are no votes for either colour of Tory north of the border they are reducing their spending up here even more. For a number of years before the Referendum, jobs were deliberately taken away from Scottish Industry and given to Labour, then Tory areas down south. We got the Poll Tax, Bedroom tax and most other stuff years before the rest of the UK as we're a testbed for unpopular policy. The Scottish economy already pays more into the British Economy than it gets out and it's only going to get worse unless Scotland takes control of itself. That's what the SNP is about, hopefully the rest of the the UK can wake up, get organised and offer itself a proper credible option to vote for in future

But isn't that the point. Scotland doesn't have any options.....it's either left wing Labour or left wing SNP.....no choice at all.......

She is the party leader having taken over from Alex Salmond. Alex Salmond is standing for Westminster and will no doubt take over as the SNP leader in Westminster. Having Alex Salmond do all the debate would undermine his protogee Sturgeon.
Get your facts correct Alex Salmond is not yet a Westminster MP the leader of the SNP in Westminster was on Question Time ANGUS ROBERTSON HE is the current leader at Westminster why was he not in the debate when all the others on the debate were standing for English parliament - not her it just gave her a platform to bang on about Scotland - does she realise the Barnet formula was derived for Scotland's fantastic financial package an age ago when Scotland had an abundance of North sea gas, and oil which as diminished tremendously yet they still get that fantastic deal of cash per capita per person - no wonder the SNP do well! Fre UNI free old home care as we pay for that privilege!

Just did a quick rightmove check, its either student accommodation or you're being ripped off.........

Oh yeah it is for students, although we aren't all students but we made use of a student letting agency.

My point being though, that if this was still social housing then a family could live in it more affordably.

By student standards it's relatively cheap. I'm paying £86 now and paid £105 last year.

Maybe so, but it's created a "bottleneck" for many working people trying to get a council house. Are you telling me a regular couple with low income jobs would qualify for social housing ahead of a young mother with several kids or someone with health problems (self inflicted or otherwise) or the unemployed? These low/average paid workers just have to bite the bullet and pay sky high rent for a crap house or pray they come into some money for a house deposit.

It depends on the social housing scheme. The one I am involved with was specifically designed to assist the young professional couple demographic.

no, I think you will find that the North Sea is already divided up into areas, some of which English Authorities control, some of which Scotland Authorities control.

So the fish in the Scotland area belong to Scotland, okay. If I recal onthe subject of the oil, Shetland wished to stay as part of the UK. If they voted in a referendum on independence and they said no, should the Scottish Government respect that or say hard cheese.

It's really difficult. That's were more, cheaper housing comes into it. I do think that the exploitation aspect is over exaggerated by the press though. It isn't a particularly good life style is it?

It is mate, they all have 52" plasma tellies, drive Benz's and go on three foreign holidays a year dontcha know?

That said, a friend of my wife, who is a single mother of one and is reliant on social security for her income, has far more disposable income than we, with two kids and a mortgage, do.

Wouldn't swap with her though, and don't feel bitter about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back