Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad their figures stack up for you. Would you not agree that asking the public to vote for a racist and bigoted agenda, which would be to the detriment of the whole country, is an even bigger farce?

I'd rather be poorer with fewer migrants, Farage says
Farage says lower economic growth is a price worth paying to cut immigration

By Matthew Holehouse, Political Correspondent

9:13AM GMT 07 Jan 2014

Lower economic growth is a price worth paying to radically cut immigration, Nigel Farage has said.

The social consequences of high levels of immigration are so dire that Britain would be a better place if it were poorer but had tighter border controls, the leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party said.

He proposed a five-year moratorium on people settling permanently in Britain.

Many economists link higher immigration to stronger growth and increased personal wealth.

The Office for Budget Responsibility, Britain’s economic watchdog, believes a complete freeze on immigration would see the economy grow at 1.9 per cent over the next fifty years.

With 240,000 new migrants a year the economy would grow far faster, at 2.7 per cent, resulting in a far lower public debt.

Wow, just wow. Could you put words in my mouth and spin things more?

I've state that UKIP, by being the only party to have their manifesto independently verified by a financial think tank has embarrassed the other parties , and you write the above?

Absolutely unbelievable.

Meanwhile your man got asked directly twice last night to state the figure in £ they would make from cuts and where from and he stated something to do with mansion tax, winter fuel allowance and then said 'other policies' and cowardly evaded the question.

How could you possibly vote for something when you don't know what you are voting for?

Would it be such a bad idea to have a SUPER COALITION of Labour & Tories?

I cannot believe you English want SNP anywhere near dictating policy because it would only be to their (Scotland's/ SNP) benefit and I wouldn't want to have a hairy handed Jock with his mitts on my nuts thank you very much

Would it be such a bad idea to have a SUPER COALITION of Labour & Tories?

I cannot believe you English want SNP anywhere near dictating policy because it would only be to their (Scotland's/ SNP) benefit and I wouldn't want to have a hairy handed Jock with his mitts on my nuts thank you very much

I can't believe it either to be fair. SNP in power is a very scary thought. If I were a labour supporter I'd be tempted to vote conseversative to keep snp out.

The SNP want to better the lives of those in Scotland, they've lost an independance vote so now they will look to do that via parliament. I have no issue with that at all, it will be policies based around a more equal distribution of wealth which in turn will benefit places like Liverpool. It is right wing scaremongering to suggest billions will be pumped in to Scotland whilst a Labour led government neglects it's core support in England.

A left wing coalition will bring greater social change for those that live north of Birmingham than any tory led one. I understand peoples concerns but we have a conservative party which sucks in wealth to the south west/east and has for the last 30 years hammered the working class particulary those in the north.

This is not as simple as England and Scotland - the concentration of wealth in certain areas effects opinion from region to region.

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. Could you put words in my mouth and spin things more?

I've state that UKIP, by being the only party to have their manifesto independently verified by a financial think tank has embarrassed the other parties , and you write the above?

Absolutely unbelievable.

Meanwhile your man got asked directly twice last night to state the figure in £ they would make from cuts and where from and he stated something to do with mansion tax, winter fuel allowance and then said 'other policies' and cowardly evaded the question.

How could you possibly vote for something when you don't know what you are voting for?

Your original post claimed that the manifestos of other parties were a farce. I pointed out that UKIP policy of curbing immigration at the expense of the country was also a farce. A dangerous one on so many levels.

The idea that European leaders might take a dim view of a Ukip-led EU exit does not seem to have occurred to the party. Not just because it does not cost the effect of a 500-wounded war with Luxembourg, but because it does not consider that there might be any unforeseen consequences whatever. The analysis document gets very waffly when it gets near this subject.

It also should be noted that in the article you posted it even suggested that UKIP and their independent think tank hadn't considered the effects of pulling out of Europe. The one policy that is at the heart of UKIP's manifesto.

UKIP have embarrassed themselves.

The SNP want to better the lives of those in Scotland, they've lost an independance vote so now they will look to do that via parliament. I have no issue with that at all, it will be policies based around a more equal distribution of wealth which in turn will benefit places like Liverpool. It is right wing scaremongering to suggest billions will be pumped in to Scotland whilst a Labour led government neglects it's core support in England.

A left wing coalition will bring greater social change for those that live north of Birmingham than any tory led one. I understand peoples concerns but we have a conservative party which sucks in wealth to the south west and has for the last 30 years hammered the working class particulary those in the north.

This is not as simple as England and Scotland - the concentration of wealth in certain areas effects opinion from region to region.
A party with a primary aim of improving Scotland is not also going to be backing the same policies for other parts of the UK. That's just daft. They're just a 'looking after no 1' party, not some great benevolent cause.

SNP in any sort of power would be a disaster for English towns.

A party with a primary aim of improving Scotland is not also going to be backing the same policies for other parts of the UK. That's just daft. They're just a 'looking after no 1' party, not some great benevolent cause.

If the SNP have any sort of power it most likely means the end of Tory rule. Bring on the apocalypse.

And the tories arent a 'looking after no 1 party?!?!'. Obviously our opinions differ on this but for me personally id much prefer a Lab / SNP agreement to any tory led one.

......bit like the Tory's then.

If the SNP have any sort of power it most likely means the end of Tory rule. Bring on the apocalypse.

You do know the last time the SNP had any power in Westminster they bought down the Labour Party? And if my memory serves me, the next election was won by you know who....

Aye. You're right. They then spent years in the wilderness in Scotland. Times have changed.

Indeed they have. But I could quite easily see the SNP getting all snappy, causing the LP to lose a vote of confidence, and the English being so annoyed that enough vote Tory in the resulting election to get them back in, maybe with the LD again.

Indeed they have. But I could quite easily see the SNP getting all snappy, causing the LP to lose a vote of confidence, and the English being so annoyed that enough vote Tory in the resulting election to get them back in, maybe with the LD again.
Or they could work together like the Tories and LDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back