Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be such a bad idea to have a SUPER COALITION of Labour & Tories?

I cannot believe you English want SNP anywhere near dictating policy because it would only be to their (Scotland's/ SNP) benefit and I wouldn't want to have a hairy handed Jock with his mitts on my nuts thank you very much

Either one would have to forego their morals and political ideals to do so. That of course assumes they actually have any.

Or they could work together like the Tories and LDs

They could, but the SNP exists only to represent Scotland/Get Scottish Independence. What benefit to them would there be in working with anyone on matters that dont really concern them, or that they dont give a stuff about if they dont screw every drop they can out of Ed?

Just our of curiosity why is the BBC so left wing? Not just in political debates but in any debates such as the debate on rape culture on the programe free speech. I'm literally curious as to how it benefits them.

They could, but the SNP exists only to represent Scotland/Get Scottish Independence. What benefit to them would there be in working with anyone on matters that dont really concern them, or that they dont give a stuff about if they dont screw every drop they can out of Ed?

Not at Westminster they don't. There are plenty of decisions made there that they have every right to be a part of leading they way on.

Just our of curiosity why is the BBC so left wing? Not just in political debates but in any debates such as the debate on rape culture on the programe free speech. I'm literally curious as to how it benefits them.

Type in BBC political bias into Google and you'll get plenty of different arguments about where their bias lies.

Not at Westminster they don't. There are plenty of decisions made there that they have every right to be a part of leading they way on.

Didnt say they didnt have the right to. Saying I dont think they are arsed about anything that does not affect Scotland, and rightly so I guess.

I might be wrong, and they act with some responsibility to the whole of the UK, form a workable partnership with Ed, (probably), and operate a bit of give and take. Cant see it though.

I wouldn't normally classify concerns over rape as being a left or right wing issue.

It was the political correctness of the audience when it came to rape gangs that was very far left.

The man on stage was booed for saying that the majority of men know that no means no.

Last edited:
Didnt say they didnt have the right to. Saying I dont think they are arsed about anything that does not affect Scotland, and rightly so I guess.

I might be wrong, and they act with some responsibility to the whole of the UK, form a workable partnership with Ed, (probably), and operate a bit of give and take. Cant see it though.

UK politics should affect everyone across the UK. It's worth remembering that the people of Scotland voted to stay in the union. As parliamentarians the MPs of all constituencies should be fighting for the people of those constituencies. As policy makers there won't be much forced back scratching. They'll stick to policies they already agree on mindful of how detrimental selling out has been for the LDs

And from that you deduced that the BBC have a Left Wing bias?

Yes, in most of their debate shows the audience is very far left social justice warrior types. Which isn't the majority of people in the uk so it seems suspicious that all the BBC debate shows have this type of audience.

UK politics should affect everyone across the UK. It's worth remembering that the people of Scotland voted to stay in the union. As parliamentarians the MPs of all constituencies should be fighting for the people of those constituencies. As policy makers there won't be much forced back scratching. They'll stick to policies they already agree on mindful of how detrimental selling out has been for the LDs

Indeed. It may well be that on some issues the LP & CP actually form a loose agreement to get something through that the SNP disagree on. Trident renewal for example. The only disagreement between them is the number of subs, not that one wants it binned. The SNP will never vote that through, not a chance.

Or a new deal on the Barnett Formula. Could be quite interesting.

Yes, in most of their debate shows the audience is very far left social justice warrior types. Which isn't the majority of people in the uk so it seems suspicious that all the BBC debate shows have this type of audience.

I'm obviously watching the wrong programmes.

I don't often agree with this Tory publication but I think it explains things quite well

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffee...-the-bbc-is-biased-against-you/#disqus_thread

For a real eyeopener, the comments are worth a read too

That was actually excruciating to watch. Thankfully it's being presented as opinion rather than fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back