Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much extra does she want us to spend......

Sorry, nearly right. "at least £140 Billion extra, whilst reducing the deficit year on year"

Paid for by; "50p income tax, bank levy, tax on bankers bonuses, and a mansion tax"

But mainly from "voting to reverse the £100 billion Trident renewal, which we will vote against in the HOC"

So basically, whatever she can get from a series of tax rises that Labour have already spent.

Well done.

Mate go look up how politically correct they are. Go look at Swedish feminism. If you want that here that's up to you, I personally do not.

I've got some Swedish friends and I've been there a few times. I know what it's like. It's a nice country, if a bit cold.

It's part of the right wing "logic" - we're all going to hell into a handcard because of political correctness and loony economics: all backed up with nothing but anecdotal "evidence". Pose some real evidence and you'll be met with the standard response, "Stands to reason dunnit?" In other words, the politics of the saloon bar in Surrey.

Political correctness helped muslim rape gangs rape children. If that isn't a big problem I don't know what is.

Edit: I will be adding relevant sources to back this claim once I get to a computer. And just to be clear I'm not saying Muslims are the problem here, I'm blaming British police and social services for letting this rape occur because they were scared of being called racist.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/rotherham-...-trafficked-by-men-pakistani-heritage-1462666

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...sed-in-petrol-if-they-threatened-to-tell.html

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1407/independent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...l-is-judged-not-fit-for-purpose-10024456.html

And quite frankly political correctness is not a left wing vs right wing issue. Many liberals have a problem with this new pc brigade that wants to censor, ban, silence all of these things are very opposite to liberal ideals.

Last edited:
What are the comparative productivity rates, if you've got them, please?

Well in 1997 Labour inherited a debt equal to 41.93% of GDP and in 1979 debt to GDP was 43.61%. In the last years of 74-79 Labour Government, GDP growth was 3.3% and 2.8%. By 1980 it was -2.0% under Thatcher. In 1996/7 GDP growth was 3.5% under Major and in 1997/8 was 4.4% under Blair.

Not sure the commonly held beliefs stack up............

Political correctness helped muslim rape gangs rape children. If that isn't a big problem I don't know what is.

And quite frankly political correctness is not a left wing vs right wing issue. Many liberals have a problem with this new pc brigade that wants to censor, ban, silence all of these things are very opposite to liberal ideals.

If it wasn't such a serious issue I would have to laugh. The only reason that these men raped anyone was because they were wicked men. It had nothing to do with their religion and they certainly weren't aided and abetted by what is effectively the development of semantics in response to the world we live in. Ridiculous statement.

What are the comparative productivity rates, if you've got them, please?

Here's year on year growth/contraction productivity per capita:

Labour Government 74-79
1975: -1.1%
1976: +3.4%
1977: +2.4%
1978: +3.1%
1979: +2.3%

Conservatives
1980: -1.9%
1981: +2.3%
1982: +4.4%

Then looking at 94-00 (3 years either side of the election)
1994: +2.9%
1995: +0.9%
1996: +1.6%
1997: +0.5%
1998: +2.7%
1999: +1.9%
2000: +2.5%

Using 1975 as a base of 100,
1979 = 111.6
1983 = 122.6
1987 = 128.1
1992 = 142.9
1997 = 157.2
2001 = 171.3
2005 = 184.5
2010 = 187.8

Think you might want to retract this statement as it is wholly inaccurate, and secondly irrelevant to the discussion going on here

I think it is a statement that should be left for all to see. It is exactly the sort of statement that the likes of UKIP want to be propagated. I want to be able to fight that message and to help people see how abhorrent the thinking is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back