Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a statement that should be left for all to see. It is exactly the sort of statement that the likes of UKIP want to be propagated. I want to be able to fight that message and to help people see how abhorrent it is.

Appreciate that mate, but given this is a football forum that is quite closely moderated and more importantly intolerant of such views I'd prefer him to remove it.

Here's year on year growth/contraction productivity per capita:

Labour Government 74-79
1975: -1.1%
1976: +3.4%
1977: +2.4%
1978: +3.1%
1979: +2.3%

Conservatives
1980: -1.9%
1981: +2.3%
1982: +4.4%

Then looking at 94-00 (3 years either side of the election)
1994: +2.9%
1995: +0.9%
1996: +1.6%
1997: +0.5%
1998: +2.7%
1999: +1.9%
2000: +2.5%

Using 1975 as a base of 100,
1979 = 111.6
1983 = 122.6
1987 = 128.1
1992 = 142.9
1997 = 157.2
2001 = 171.3
2005 = 184.5
2010 = 187.8

Well found, thanks --- unfortunately, i'm not seeing as much in that as i'd hoped :(

Woah I didn't say they raped because they were muslim I said they got away with it because they were muslim.

The police and social services were scared to do anything because they had a fear of being called racist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...buse-scandal-council-not-fit-for-purpose.html
You stated that it was a Muslim rape gang.

The article you link to doesn't state their religion. It does however mention that the perpetrators were Pakistan / Asian. It then goes on to state that there were failings by the authorities.

Their religion, their skin colour and their nationality have nothing to do with why they carried out such heinous crimes.

I didn't say they raped girls because of their race or religion I said they were allowed to get away with it because the police and social services did not want to be called racist.

Last edited:

I was wondering whether there was a clear difference between the two parties...
Is ours still pants compared with other developed Nations?

On a relative basis yes, will dig out some data later.

I think the figures, like most economic data, demonstrate that there is little to chose between both parties in terms of economic performance regardless of the claims of the Conservatives. Somehow Labour allow them to get away with it.....

That'll be great please.

I wouldn't vote labour for the same reason I wouldn't vote tory, but surely they do a slightly better job financially (excluding brown) because they don't sell key assets to inflate their performance.

I think the figures, like most economic data, demonstrate that there is little to chose between both parties in terms of economic performance regardless of the claims of the Conservatives. Somehow Labour allow them to get away with it.....

It is an interesting observation, thats for sure. And also a sad indication of the tribal nature of politics in that whatever Labour do, it will be rubbished by the Conservatives, and vice versa. If just a little credit was occasionally given, then I think a lot more respect would be garnished than the level they currently "enjoy".

Like the coalition. It has actually done a half decent job in that it was stable, and lasted the course. Not many gave it much hope 5 years ago. But zippo recognition of it now, not a peep, just politicians lobbing stats and promises around and treating us like idiots.

Appreciate that mate, but given this is a football forum that is quite closely moderated and more importantly intolerant of such views I'd prefer him to remove it.

Would you still like me to remove it? I'm not being intolerant, I'm blaming the police and social services for that mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back