The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the south of England and indeed eastern parts have a ( natural feeling that they are a cut above the north and earn more or have more(it's grim up north you know......)hence the Tory vote

With respect, that, in my experience, is nonsense. (Not in the south that I know anyrate. Never lived in the East tbf).

The reason, or at least one of them, that a lot of the South, or The Shires is maybe more accurate, do not support Labour is because the perception is that the Labour Party loathes them/us/me.

Their, (LP), understanding of, in no particular order, rural affairs, agriculture, rural poverty, farmers/supermarket issue, fox hunting (ish), complete lack of public transport, the necessity of HAVING to own and run a car/ 4x4, to name just few, is breathtaking in its ignorance.

With respect, that, in my experience, is nonsense. (Not in the south that I know anyrate. Never lived in the East tbf).

The reason, or at least one of them, that a lot of the South, or The Shires is maybe more accurate, do not support Labour is because the perception is that the Labour Party loathes them/us/me.

Their, (LP), understanding of, in no particular order, rural affairs, agriculture, rural poverty, farmers/supermarket issue, fox hunting (ish), complete lack of public transport, the necessity of HAVING to own and run a car/ 4x4, to name just few, is breathtaking in its ignorance.
I work in the east at the moment,12 mile from Skegness on a construction project with 'so called' working class operatives and when asked about their voting preference the reply.........conservative,I've worked in London and the south a large chunk of my career and what do I hear? "Tory............have you seen the state of the north of England" from working class men of building sites,I speak from experience mate

I work in the east at the moment,12 mile from Skegness on a construction project with 'so called' working class operatives and when asked about their voting preference the reply.........conservative,I've worked in London and the south a large chunk of my career and what do I hear? "Tory............have you seen the state of the north of England" from working class men of building sites,I speak from experience mate

Fair enough mate. My experience in the West Country is a bit different. But on reflection, their perception of "The North" is probably as daft as their perception of "The South"!

I thought I explained that at the time, but in case I didn't. The state has a huge deficit, which is a tax on the young and is currently to the tune of about what we spend on schools each and every year (and getting larger).

We could try soaking the rich, the bankers and all of that. They tried that in France and they're in a much worse place than we are. As tempting as it no doubt sounds, it would appear that it isn't really all that effective. Maybe we'd be different? Who knows. We may get to find out in a few months time.

We could try spreading the pain evenly across government departments, but that didn't happen because certain areas were ring fenced. You can argue the rights or wrongs of that, but it is what it is.

That leaves the remaining departments having to bare a disproportionate brunt of getting the states finances back into order.
Maybe MP's should lead by example and work for minimum wage

Fair enough mate. My experience in the West Country is a bit different. But on reflection, their perception of "The North" is probably as daft as their perception of "The South"!
Probably right mate cos I share Alan Partidge's thoughts on the spelling of London

S H I T H O L E.......

Do you simply deny anything remotely positive the Tory's have done whilst making no comment about the many failures laid at Labours door?

I'm afraid I'm old enough and ugly enough to form my own, balanced political opinion and decide that neither Labour, nor the Tory's are worthy of my vote.

Do you know where Labour will make their public spending cuts and how much they will be? If you dont't, make I ask how you can vote for Labour?
The last 5 years pretty much covers why one would vote labour I'd say

Maybe after the last 5 years of having a coalition which did not collapse, and the fact that it looks like there will be another coalition/minority led administration this time, the UK might at last come to the view that PR is the fairest way of electing a government.

Then people might realise that the party manifestos are not worth the paper they are written on as they will have to negotiate and compromise after polling day.

Maybe after the last 5 years of having a coalition which did not collapse, and the fact that it looks like there will be another coalition/minority led administration this time, the UK might at last come to the view that PR is the fairest way of electing a government.

Then people might realise that the party manifestos are not worth the paper they are written on as they will have to negotiate and compromise after polling day.
I suspect despite Millibands refusal to deal with the SNP they have already gotten around the table,still if this is the case then it beats the current regime

Do the Tories address these issues? Apart from fox hunting, which they love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back