Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not his first time he's had 'brain fade' the stupid sod's left his daughter alone in the boozer as well :dodgy:

I seem to remember tony b.liar reminiscing how he us to sit & watch wor jackie milburn at the gallowgate end when he was a 10 y.o. kid.

The stand wasn't seated until the 90's and milburn had gone from newcastle long before tony b.liar was 10!

When you take your support for a political party too far...
CCgOzrlWMAApoFr.jpg
EFCNIK looks different to how I imagined him.

No he hasn't mate, because the Conservatives have been in power. He did however decide who would lead the Labour Party.........

So what tune has he called and how does it sound compared to the Tory record over the last 5 years?

I hear one side singing for the average Joe and the other side singing I'm alright Jack.

Not his first time he's had 'brain fade' the stupid sod's left his daughter alone in the boozer as well :dodgy:

I seem to remember tony b.liar reminiscing how he us to sit & watch wor jackie milburn at the gallowgate end when he was a 10 y.o. kid.

The stand wasn't seated until the 90's and milburn had gone from newcastle long before tony b.liar was 10!
Oh, and bliar was living in Australia at the time he claimed to have seen milburn play.

No he hasn't mate, because the Conservatives have been in power. He did however decide who would lead the Labour Party.........
Which is the trade union movements right (to be significant choosers of party leader) THAT is the historical relationship between Labour and the TU movement: Labour is there to represent the views of working class people. Would that it had worked out that way over recent decades, unfortunately it hasn't and Labour do what they want....which is why some unions have disaffiliated from the party

But at least it's a formally declared relationship, unlike the massive backing the Tories get from their puppet master in the world of finance capital. Now that's where real ownership of British politics comes from.

There's a great big elephant in the room here called the British class system and private education. Without a meritocratic society we are de facto under-reaching our massive potential. Genuine talent is being held back; mediocrity is being allowed to triumph (I mean, do you really think intellectual pygmies like Cameron and Osborne would be in charge if they'd not lived a life of privilege?). I'd have thought a libetarian would have been with me on this one.

I get that many professions, from law to the media are dominated by those from private schools/Oxbridge, but there are a whole host of very good professions out there that aren't. How many teachers went to Oxbridge for instance?

Pretty much all of the organisations I work with are crying out for talent in whatever way they can get it. I've mentioned previously the dearth of STEM related skills in Britain. I dare say if you're good in that area then an employer wouldn't give a stuff what 'class' you were from.

It's the same in computing. Employers are more interested in your GitHub activity than they are your Bullingdon activity.

.....but I didn't ask you if you knew it was fair. I'm asking for your opinion, not some facts.

Do you think it's fair?

And as I said before, how can I judge a situation I know nothing about? How can you judge whether someone has earned their money in a fair way?

It's not, but I'll let you have your naivety which happens to work in favour of your political persuasion ;-)

If you want to sit in judgement of other folks mate then go ahead :)

That's quite a statement (and very much a matter of opinion, not fact).

Much as we'd love to, I don't think we'll ever remove failure or mistakes from our lives, and to be honest, we probably shouldn't be striving to do that. Society gets better because we push the boundaries and learn from the mistakes we make.

I was under the impression that schools had volunteered to go into academy status to give themselves that control?

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2012/jun/20/campaigners-lose-school-fight

I forgot to reply to this earlier. Your impression in not entirely correct, especially in the primary sector. Many schools have been forced into academy status against their will (not to mention the will of the parents) as part of Gove's ideological crusade against LEAs.

Incidentally, one of Gove's personal fave school was a "rival" school to mine which had voluntarily taken academy status. Every year it would get 100% in their SATs but, when asked what their secret was, they would never offer us any help. Gove was all over them, holding them up as a shining example to us all (even though they were, in fact, very secretive and unhelpful to the local community).

Well blow me down if they weren't a bunch of dirty rotten cheats.

Google Cuckoo Hall Academy for sordid details.

If you want to sit in judgement of other folks mate then go ahead

I just find it remarkable that you're clearly an intelligent bloke and you have an opinion on most things, but when posed with the question ''do you think it's right that the poor get poorer whilst the rich get richer during economic downturn?'', you suddenly find yourself unqualified to answer.

I'm just saying It seems to be a bit of faux-naivety, a politicians answer even. You're a libertarian and you don't want the state to intervene if at all possible, but you know if you answered yes, you would be left with little option but to concede that intervention is necessary, because unfettered capitalism is a dangerous beast.

Give me two biggest national concerns that voting people want politicians to tackle into?
Go...
* I want to know what are those hot election topics in your country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back