Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder how London differs to the rest of the country. I think it's something like 12% lead for Labour there and they're polling way above national average. In the rest of the country I wouldn't underestimate the ability of some people to fall for the scare tactics of vote Labour-get SNP if it's stated long enough.

Overall though I dont think that will be critical in this election. As always the economy/personal finances will be. There's a lead on the economy for the Tories which is cancelled out by the number of those polled stating they feel worse off since 2010 and that this will get worse in the near future. I think that neutralises the anti-Labour attack and it's the reason we see the SNP being trundled out and attacks on Miliband's character.

It's going to be very tight unless something unforeseen happens now.

You have to consider that a huge chunk of the London population aren't allowed to vote. It's probably the least representative part of the country (in a political sense). I think the last census had the number at around 2 million of the residents here as being non UK nationals.

Very few areas of London in comparison to it's size are what you would class as wealthy. Those that are (as has been mentioned) have a high % of people who cant vote so Labour always tend to do well there.

Tory letter of support from small businesses is turning into a joke, they forgot to take the address of the bottom were it was from before giving it to the press, conservative cental office, some named dont have anything to do with the firms quoted , a few have already asked to be taken off as they hadnt been approached for permission to add there name to be used, one of the firms listed is the stanley conservative club, in short tory hq supports the torys not small business owners

Very few areas of London in comparison to it's size are what you would class as wealthy. Those that are (as has been mentioned) have a high % of people who cant vote so Labour always tend to do well there.

To give you an idea, in my constituency (Bermondsey and Southwark) there are over 125,000 residents, of which 77,000 are registered to vote, and around 44,000 of those actually voted. So 35% of the population of our ward are dictating policy. Aint democracy great?

Latest Ashcroft poll has UKIP polling higher than the LibDems, which is rather depressing. Tories 6 points clear of Labour too.

A rather odd set of results, his marginal ones contradict his national poll. Labour doing better than expected in key seats but bombing nationally. Hmm

Tory letter of support from small businesses is turning into a joke, they forgot to take the address of the bottom were it was from before giving it to the press, conservative cental office, some named dont have anything to do with the firms quoted , a few have already asked to be taken off as they hadnt been approached for permission to add there name to be used, one of the firms listed is the stanley conservative club, in short tory hq supports the torys not small business owners

It is a complete shambles.

To give you an idea, in my constituency (Bermondsey and Southwark) there are over 125,000 residents, of which 77,000 are registered to vote, and around 44,000 of those actually voted. So 35% of the population of our ward are dictating policy. Aint democracy great?

It really is about time there was a serious look in to how to get more people to vote. We probably need to get Simon Cowell involved.

Never realised it was to that extent, blimey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back